OpenMarine

Full Version: Maiana - Openplotter 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have an issue with my Maiana Antenna: I installed exactly according to the manual.
Working with Op V2, AIS works very fine. I can see boats on the Rhine even though houses and two kilometers are in between, but it doesn't recieve GPS-data. The GPS-LED at the AIS-USB-Adapter flashes very short (and tired) when starting, but that's it. 

And then: TX-light is allways on, even if I silence the Adapter, as well with hardware as softwarebutton.
RX-light is flickering every now and then.
I use a cat6 cable, but I think theres no difference to cat5, the usb-cable is ok. 

Maiana app Ver 2.1.2
OP Ver. 2

Hardware revision: 11.3.0
Firmware revision: 4.1.0
Type of MCU: STM32L422

Then I tried to setup OP V 3, but here I gave up, after a very fresh and clean install (and reinstall of the signal-k-server), because the Maiana app could never connect to the device.

Any ideas, I dont want to use an extra gps-dongle, if possible.

Thanks in advance

Chr.
I found the solution myself.

After exchanging every part of the system without sucess, I deassembled the antenna.
Its a defective board. Angry 

The sma-connector seems to be too fragile, when 2,5m datacable are hanging at the system shaking in the waves and tearing down the transponder-board. The solder joints were hardly connected any more.

In the RJ45-Connector one spring to keep the plug was out of place.

I will try to solder these, but facing the tiny dimensions, I am not optimistic. What a pity but I think, this is the end of the project.

Christoph
We are sailing right now until September, please write MAIANA dev with the issue and we can try to provide a replacement when we are back to the office.