OpenMarine

Full Version: [CLOSED] OP 3 64 bit upgrade from beta to stable issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,
just to share my experiences. Raspi 4B 2GB 1.5
When I upgraded from OP3 beta 64 bit to OP3 headless stable 64 bit, I received error messages for notifications and that it could not read the OPcn configuartion. I could not repair it to clear this errors. I made a complete new installation and it worked, thus I cannot recommend to upgrade, just install from scratch, but only the 32 bit version, because:

The new 64 bit installation has the Signal K problem, that I could not install the plugin for the wonderful MCS board and could not upgrade other plugins - this worked flawless with OP 3 beta 64 bit headless! I have now installed the 32 bit OP 3 stable headless and I could install it.

Best regards
Thomas
I am not aware of that problem in signal k in 64bit. Is this an issue for all signal k plugins? has this been reported to signal k developers or documented somewhere?
I got this info from Thomas Gersmann, the creator of the MCS board. I could imagine, that this is correct, because since I have moved 32 bit is the connection far more stable (no interruptions, which I had before often) and also the updating of existing plugins ran far smoother.

Regards Thomas
OK, so I guess this issue is only for that board and its signal k plugin. Anyway, you will only notice a performance improvement using the 64bit edition if you have a Raspberry 4 with 8GB.

Marking this thread as closed, reopen if necessary.