OpenMarine

Full Version: Proprietary PGN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to use a proprietary PGN that would be supported in signalK & canboat and it would be used for configuration and configuration response.  My setup exchange data between the Raspberry Pi and a Teensy with the Actisense canboatjs for the communication and all standard PGNs works ok.  I don't want to add any work to the autors of signalK & canboat, at least not for now. 

I have found the app signalk-generic-pgn-parser that could do that. I have tried the PGN 61184 which is "Manufacturer Proprietary single-frame addressed" but it is not clear what should be used for "Base Path", Manufacturer and for "PGN fields".   

Does the signalk-generic-pgn-parser application is the right one to use? If not, which one should I use?
Does the PGN 61184 is a good choice of PGN?
What "Base Path", Manufacturer and for "PGN fields" should be used for PGN 61184?
Can we use a "Base Path" that is non standard like "configuration" ?

If I use the Node-Red to return data to the Teensy, does a PGN like 61184 would work?

Thanks for your help
Anyone has used proprietary PGN?
Here's an other example that doesn't work: In node-red, I have a function and signak-send-nmea2000 with the code that generate the following msg.payload. What is transmitted is a message with all data at 255.
msg.payload : Object
object
pgn: 61184
COMPANY: 1857
data: array[6]
0: 0
1: 1
2: 2
3: 3
4: 4
5: 5

In the pgn.h of the Canboat, the PGN 61184 is defined as