OpenMarine

Full Version: Maiana connection problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I bought a Maiana unit some time ago. I chose the simplest version with a little usb breakout board. 
When I first set up the Maiana that was with the included break-out board. I created the connection and approved it. No problem.
Since then I have bought the Maiana n2k interface and now SignalK doesn't recognise the new interface.
When I then try to set up a new serial connection via the serial app it fails because there is another (working) serial-usb interface on another usb port with exactly the same name and vendor id.
The conflicting device is my newly installed can-to-usb interface from hatlabs.fi
Any suggestions how to solve this? 
I tested to use "port" instead og "dev" in the serial settings. That made me complete the serial settings and create a SignalK connection but it wont let me approve it.
The Maiana unit was programmed using the original breakout board and is functional, both send and receive. It’s just that I can’t get into the unit via the Maiana app anymore. 
Cheers,
P
you should define your devices just from the serial app, no need to set connections in Signal k manually because the serial app will do it for you. could you send screenshots of both tabs of the serial app? if both devices have the same id and vendor you should use "port" to remember them.
(2022-09-26, 02:44 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]you should define your devices just from the serial app, no need to set connections in Signal k manually because the serial app will do it for you. could you send screenshots of both tabs of the serial app? if both devices have the same id and vendor you should use "port" to remember them.

Hi,
I tried to set the connection to “port”. Then I could let the serial app create a connection in SK (I didn’t do that manually). Problem was then that there newer was an approval in SK so the Maiana unit didn’t show up in the Maiana app either. I’ll take screenshots and post when I’m at the boat next time. 
Cheers 
P
(2022-09-26, 06:46 PM)Celestine Wrote: [ -> ]Problem was then that there newer was an approval in SK so the Maiana unit didn’t show up in the Maiana app either.

strange, I think SK server only rejects connections if there is any device with the same ID and that should not be your case. Send me also screenshots of your SK connections.

Just in case, if you connect the Maiana NMEA 2000 adapter by USB you have to define it as NMEA 0183 in serial app.
If one could wish, would it at all be necessary with a serial connection for the n2k version?
Shouldn’t the n2k bus be sufficient to communicate with the Maiana app?
the N2K connection is not a serial connection so only allows N2K data, no commands for configuration.

the USB connection allows NMEA 0183 and commands to configure the MAIANA.

you can use both at the same time but only if you do not send N2K data back to your openplotter because you will have duplicated data.

you can also connect both and unplug the USB after the device is configured.
(2022-09-26, 09:00 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]the N2K connection is not a serial connection so only allows N2K data, no commands for configuration.

you can use both at the same time but only if you do not send N2K data back to your openplotter because you will have duplicated data.

Ok, got it!
P
(2022-09-26, 09:03 PM)Celestine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-09-26, 09:00 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]the N2K connection is not a serial connection so only allows N2K data, no commands for configuration.

Ok, got it!
P
Hi,

I made some more tests yesterday. Defining the Maiana n2k adapter as “port” let me install it an letting the serial app create an SK connection. I could also approve it an set read/write rights to it. 
However, when I restart SK I get error “…cannot lock port” See enclosed image. 
Also, with the Maiana adapter connected SK refuse to communicate on the n2k adapter port. It’s there an no error but no data from the n2k network shows up in SK. Made about 10 restarts, same thing. As soon as I removed the Maiana adapter and made a restart n2k data started flowing. 
Cheers 
P

Hi
Forgot to say that the Maiana unit never shows up in the Maiana app either.
P
I can not read your screenshot, I need to read that screen and the settings for that failing connection.
I also need readable screenshots of all the tabs in serial app.
Pages: 1 2