OpenMarine

Full Version: OpenCPN to OpenPlotter Connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A new fan with enthusiasm but modest skills.

When checking the configuration I get: 

"The Default OpenCPN is missing and is not getting data from Signal K. Please create this connection in OpenCPN: 

Network
Protocol: Signal K
Address: localhost
Port: 3000
Auto server discovery: not "

I did exactly that, and OpenCPN shows this connection (and it is the only connection defined in OpenCPN). But this "issue" is getting flagged consistently (e.g. reboot).    Dodgy

The red boat is showing up where it is supposed to on the chart, and wiggles for me whenever the GPS sees the satellites in the sky (and I get one or 2 bars in the upper right corner of my screen)  Big Grin

On the Signal K side, everything looks good (I think). It shows one connection (serial 0183, with proper baud rate, etc.) with the ID assigned to the MAIANA AIS. The Data Browser shows the built-in MAIANA GPS feeding visible satellites info (elevation/azimuth), my own Lat/Lon, etc. 

I am not getting and AIS signal, but this is probably because I am too far from the coast.

How do I fix this "OpenCPN Connection issue"?  Huh

Thanks!

jm

PS:  running OpenPlotter 3 with OpenCPN 5.6.2 and connecting the MAIANA AIS (3.1.4) via USB on an RPI 4.
>> How do I fix this "OpenCPN Connection issue"? Huh

did you really uncheck the "Automatic Server Discovery" Checkbox in OpenCPN Connection Settings for SignalK (3000)

ok, if true are there other input connections aktive?
there should be none, all inputs should come from signalk.
Thanks Donautics -

Yes, I did uncheck the "Automatic Server Discovery" in OpenCPN Connections for Signal K. And, no, there are no other connections defined. So it is very odd, that the system still says that I do not have a Signal K connection - despite the fact that some data (at least the GPS signal from the MAIANA AIS) is getting to OpenCPN...

I will be testing the setup near the coast to try to pick-up some boats AIS.

The Signal K server has one connection the the MAIANA AIS and one to the Notifications app.

Thanks again.

jm