OpenMarine

Full Version: Basic Night-mode in OpenCPN+KIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made my first night trip with OpenPlotter yesterday and the night mode experience had some issues. I´m all new to OP and RPi/Linux so all help is very much appreciated!

So - if I get OpenCpn in full screen mode, will the white/grey window bar on top disappear? Yesterday I had to tape some cardboard over the top 2 cm of the screen to hide the window bar since it shone right in the eye blinding the otherwise fine night mode in OpenCpn. (At this moment I don´t know how to get OpenCPN in full screen mode. As I once accidentally toggled the menu bar visible, I saw that the F11 shortcut for full screen mode was greyed out but I could click it. Now I can´t even get the menu bar visible which gets me stuck with a window with all bars on top shining blinding white/grey.)

If this white bar persists in full screen mode - how do you get a real night mode without blinding bars?

My dashboard in KIP had a really nice night mode in full screen with red gauges on dark bottom (perfect!) but the numbers within the gauges kept the basic theme color and was blinding white. It was quite annoying in an otherwise perfect night mode. Is there any trick to fix this?

If you have another way of getting a good night mode on your screen where you can switch between apps without getting blinded I would be happy to learn it!

/Lars
Ok - got the full screen mode without blinding bar. Very nice. (Options/user interface/ tick "show menu bar" -apply/ok -> toggle full screen from menu(view))

Now I need to make a device that sends "F11" to OpenCPN Smile - xmodmap here we go...Smile