OpenMarine

Full Version: no HDMI audio from OpenPlotter, but VLC works RPI 4B
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed the 32 bit image on my new RPI 4. All seems to be working well, except I am getting no sound output on HDMI (eg the starting chimes and alerts in OpenCPN). 

If I go to VLC  I need to go to Audio > Sound Device and select the second option, ie HDMI strero. Then the sounds play in VLC  through the HDMI with no problem. But still not from openplotter.

I have edited  /boot/config.txt

and set

hdmi_drive=2

but that did not help.

If I switch back to my RPI 3, all is working fine. I have compared settings on the two as best I can, but see no differences. 

Where do I start looking?

I am guessing that somewhere I need to point the default sound output to the first HDMI slot?

Thanks
(2022-11-20, 10:10 PM)noel Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed the 32 bit image on my new RPI 4. All seems to be working well, except I am getting no sound output on HDMI (eg the starting chimes and alerts in OpenCPN). 

If I go to VLC  I need to go to Audio > Sound Device and select the second option, ie HDMI strero. Then the sounds play in VLC  through the HDMI with no problem. But still not from openplotter.

and set

hdmi_drive=2

but that did not help.

If I switch back to my RPI 3, all is working fine. I have compared settings on the two as best I can, but see no differences. 

I am guessing that somewhere I need to point the default sound output to the first HDMI slot?

Thanks

I had issues where the sound jumped from one adapter to another so what I did is excluded the channel I didn't need.  I did that using a # or removing dtparam=audio=on in config.txt.

Also try 

hdmi_drive:0=2
hdmi_drive:1=1

Hdmi 0 is the one next to the USB-C port
(2022-11-23, 04:49 PM)Techstyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-11-20, 10:10 PM)noel Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed the 32 bit image on my new RPI 4. All seems to be working well, except I am getting no sound output on HDMI (eg the starting chimes and alerts in OpenCPN). 

and set

hdmi_drive=2

but that did not help.

Thanks

I had issues where the sound jumped from one adapter to another so what I did is excluded the channel I didn't need.  I did that using a # or removing dtparam=audio=on in config.txt.

Also try 

hdmi_drive:0=2
hdmi_drive:1=1

Hdmi 0 is the one next to the USB-C port

I was facing the same issue and can confirm that putting a # before dtparam=audio=on did resolve the issue