OpenMarine

Full Version: [CLOSED] o-charts : Dongle or plugin issue ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am now testing Version3, and first of all, I have to express thanks to all fellows working or simply helping at it.
Woww, as we say in french  : ça décoiffe !
However I cannot use my set of o-charts map with dongle :
  • the dongle is properly recognized and identified by lsusb : SG Intec Lrd & Co KG SG -Lock[U2]
  • the plugin o-charts 2.0.0.25 was installed after updating plugin catalog, and duly activated ;
  • Any attempt of installing o-chars maps results in a freeze of OpenCP, and de-activation of said plugin ;
  • After closing/restarting opencpn the o-chart plugin is found un-activated ;
  • After reboot and reopening OpenCPN I find the o-charts plugin non activated again ; so I re-activate it; and openCPN freezes !
  • After closing then reopening OpenCPN during a few seconds I get error message : "an existing instance (openCPN) may be too busy to respond" However the task manager shows no such task ;
  • After a while  I can open and then close OpenCPN normally, until it freezes ! : button end of process (twice)
  • any database reconstruction try ends in a freezing of OpenCPN !
  • At each start of OpenCPN the o-chart plugin is found de-activated again, and do on ... 

This prevents me to install and use o-charts maps.
It only concerns the o-charts map.
I have uninstalled and re-installed (hardly) Open CPN : no change
I have no issues regarding other map sets : CM93, Kaps ...

Any help will be welcomed !

PS I used without issues same dongle and chartset in 2.9 ...
Do not use o-charts 2.0.0.25 plugin yet, use 1.0.29.0. Version 2 is beta and it will work only with the next OpenCPN 5.8, actually it should not be in the master catalog yet, I will report that to OpenCPN developers.

Be sure you are running the last openplotter-opencpn-installer version that fixes a required library to detect the o-charts dongle.

Try again after that.
Helllo Sailoog,

It worked like a charm :
  • removed/reinstalled OpenCPN,
  • Picked plugin 1.0.29
and that's it  !

Again peta Thanks for the work done !