OpenMarine

Full Version: GPS Disconnecting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

Thought was having a lot of success with openplotter/opencpn/pypilot...having everything functioning down to excellent control of the AP motor.....one small problem I cant crack....the gps will not start up after a power down (resulting in the red sat icon). Have added to GPSG on Pt:2947 in opencpn & SK.  If unplugged and re-connected works ok (assume under the control of GPSG/).

At time of writing I have 11 sats in view and not losing them..

Any suggestions would be grately appreciated....hoping to save my sanity, as going around in circles!

Many thanks
- Who is loosing signal? opencpn? signal k? pypilot? all of them?

- Is GPSD still working when the signal is lost?

If you run openplotter-pypilot app in "autopilot" mode you do not need to set GPSD connections in opencpn nor signal k because pypilot will send data to SK and SK will send data to opencpn auto matically.
(2023-02-20, 07:32 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]- Who is loosing signal? opencpn? signal k? pypilot? all of them?

If you run openplotter-pypilot app in "autopilot" mode you do not need to set GPSD connections in opencpn nor signal k because pypilot will send data to SK and SK will send data to opencpn auto matically.

(2023-02-20, 07:51 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-02-20, 07:32 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]- Who is loosing signal? opencpn? signal k? pypilot? all of them?

I'm not losing a signal (once established by the following), everything works fine....untill I power down the SBC. On reboot I need to unplug the gps module and reinsert it to receive signal.
after booting type this in a terminal and paste here the result:

systemctl status gpsd

Try this instead of unpluging the gps to start gpsd:

systemctl restart gpsd