OpenMarine

Full Version: This is the second time this has happened opening SK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This site can’t be reached
localhost refused to connect.
Try:
  • Checking the connection
  • Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

The weekend was progressing nicely... was able to add some plug-ins ... configured plug-ins and made my first dashboard. 

Went to bed.. got up... great plans to build another dashboard... and get the error message above..

I'm not a geek, but want to be, any assistance or thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Caribsailor
It seems that Signal k server is not started. Are you using the right URL? do you get any error at startup?
(2023-02-20, 02:09 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that Signal k server is not started. Are you using the right URL? do you get any error at startup?

I ran the Check System and sure enough SK was not running. 

That error appears at the first start up of the Pi and try to access SK from the menu bar icon

One other error is openCPN  because I'm using openCPN FP (seems more stable)
Another one that concerns me is the NTP server "access point disabled"

Checking Power off management... | disabled
Checking Shutdown management... | disabled
Checking OpenPlotter autostart... | enabled
Checking rescue mode... | disabled
Checking debugging mode... | disabled
Checking system log file size... | System log file size: 1.62 MB
Checking OpenPlotter packages source... | added
Checking Network... | NTP server running | access point disabled
Checking serial connections alias... | All your serial connections have an assigned alias
Checking Dashboards... | Grafana running | Influxdb running
Checking OpenCPN... | not running | FP autostart disabled
↳The default OpenCPN connection is missing and is not getting data from Signal K. Please create this connection in OpenCPN:
    Network
    Protocol: Signal K
    Address: localhost
    DataPort: 3000
    Automatic server discovery: not
Checking Signal K server...
↳Signal K server is not running
Checking serial connections conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking network connections conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking GPIO conflicts... | no conflicts
CHECK SYSTEM FINISHED

Thoughts
- How have you installed openplotter? from an official image? advanced?

- Is there any error in the system log? go to settings app, log tab and filter by signal k

- what is the problem with NTP server and access point?

you can uninstall opencpn from backports if you do not use it, or just create the signal k connection to get rid of the error message.
(2023-02-20, 07:24 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]- How have you installed openplotter? from an official image? advanced?

- Is there any error in the system log? go to settings app, log tab and filter by signal k

- what is the problem with NTP server and access point?

you can uninstall opencpn from backports if you do not use it, or just create the signal k connection to get rid of the error message.

Thank you for your reply.

Original install was from the 2022-07-18 official image zip for 64bit. unsure what advanced is?

The first time I received the error I reinstalled from the original download zip from getting started.

The second time I received the error I used the reinstall SignalK from OpenPlotter.

My disclaimer. I was on my boat in a remote bay in Guatemala using cellular data, so possibly some bit were missed.

I'm back in a more reliable internet area and will try the download again and see what transpires.

I'll report back with any errors and logs as requested
Just an update.

I returned from the jungle anchorage to a more reliable internet zone and redownloaded the OP image.

Installed on the PI and everything appears to be working. Well except openCPN. I'm using FP which seems to be more stable for me.
Another anomaly. When I first installed OP the system check returned NTP server running. After doing all the System updates NTP server is not running.

Everything appears to be communicating and I"m seeing data 

Small steps