OpenMarine

Full Version: Semi-automatic digital logbook for Signal K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am also using this and find it really good. I will have to check/ change the runTime as I don't think that's set correctly for me. I haven't read the manual but is there an option to do automatic log entry say every 1 hours?
(2023-04-14, 03:54 PM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: [ -> ]I am also using this and find it really good. I will have to check/ change the runTime as I don't think that's set correctly for me. I haven't read the manual but is there an option to do automatic log entry say every 1 hours?

Yes, there is an automatic navigation log every hour when you’re under way (as determined by navigation.state, typically set by the signalk-autostate plugin). It will contain all the automated data points, and you can easily edit to add remarks or manual weather observations.
(2023-04-13, 07:57 PM)bergie Wrote: [ -> ]Logbook uses navigation.log, not trip log. See https://github.com/meri-imperiumi/signal.../issues/32

The engine hours path will need to be propulsion.*.runTime (where * is your engine name. For example, “main”). You can use the signal k path mapper plugin to make those match.

Thanks Bergie! Engine hours now populating. Working on Log

Most helpful.
In the latest signalk-triplogger version you can enable populating navigation.log from GPS if you don’t have a source for it elsewhere in the system.
Need a little help. Can't get signalk-logbook to start. I get the following error under "Connection & Plugin Status"

Failed to start: Cannot find module 'fs/promises'

Thanks
Mike
(2023-05-17, 07:57 PM)morr Wrote: [ -> ]Need a little help. Can't get signalk-logbook to start. I get the following error under "Connection & Plugin Status"

Failed to start: Cannot find module 'fs/promises'

Thanks
Mike

you’ll need to upgrade your Node.js version.
For some reason my map will not show anything in Logbook - any ideas??

Also, I went for a sail today & the logbook did not work this time - maybe since I updated to SK 2.1.0

I just updated the autostate app, since, so this may have fixed it.

Pi4 64; SK 2.1.0; Logbook version 0.7.0; Autostate version 0.3.1 (since going for a sail when it didn't work))
I went for an overnighter & logbook worked perfectly (except for the map) the first day but the next day on the return trip I got nothing!!

I noticed that the navigation.log, navigation.trip.log or navigation.state did not update/ change on the second day so I'm guessing this is why the logbook did not work.

Does SK need to be re-started after a trip?? I see that navigation.trip.lastReset is still on the first day.

TIA
Thanks for this logbook. Just installed it on my raspberry venos os. Looks great ... besides that the map isn't showing ... which is already mentioned.

Update: After a log the map is shown. Thanks
I’m also very pleased with this log, great addition thanks. For those of us who like to print off and keep a hard copy would it be possible to add today only to the drop down view days list? Then at the end of a day voyage it could be printed of without anything from the previous day. A print button would be fantastic as well.
Pages: 1 2 3