OpenMarine

Full Version: Enable/disable Software TX Switch in MAIANA from SignalK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it even possible to enable/disable MAIANA's software TX switch from SignalK?

So far I'm sending  MAIANA.transmission.softwareSwitch with value 0/1, and even if SignalK receives it, the Maiana app shows no changes. And  MAIANA.transmission.status doesn't change either.

Is it possible to change it without opening the application?
This is what you are looking for: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....ns-actions

There you can assign these actions to any "notification" signal k key. For example, you can assign TX On to: notification.AISTX "normal" status and TX Off to notification.AISTX "alert" status. There are several ways to generate this notification signal k key and status but the easiest is to use the "Send" tab of the notifications application.

Sorry, the notifications app doc is not written yet.
I must be doing something wrong. On notifications app, I set up this 2 actions (and a 3rd one for testing):

[attachment=2135]

And just to test if the problem is here or comes from node-red, I created a "send rule":

[attachment=2136]

When I trigger that rule, I can see the notification in SignalK data browser:

[attachment=2137]

But Maiana software switch is not turned on  Huh

I don't think is related, but just in case, I see this in the log:

Apr 07 15:58:58 GET /signalk/v1/api/vessels/self/notifications/maiana/AISTX/value 200 1.726 ms - 126
Apr 07 15:58:58 GET /signalk/v1/api/vessels/self 200 2.403 ms - -
Apr 07 15:59:00 GET /signalk/v1/api/vessels/ 200 2.676 ms - 24381
Apr 07 15:59:04 sh: 1: mpstat: not found
Apr 07 15:59:10 GET /signalk/v1/api/vessels/ 200 2.788 ms - 24489
Apr 07 15:59:20 GET /signalk/v1/api/vessels/ 200 2.833 ms - 24504
Apr 07 15:59:30 GET /signalk/v1/api/vessels/ 200 2.593 ms - 24323
Apr 07 15:59:34 sh: 1: mpstat: not found
Apr 07 15:59:35 Front pattern: RFF
Definetly mpstat error was not related to this. After 10 sec of googlig dounf out is related to the "Rpi Monitor" plugin.

However I'm starting to thing there's something wrong with my notifications overall. I setup some zones in SignalK to trigger notifications, and I can see them on SignalK's data browser, on KIP, on AvNav, but no visual notification is displayed on OpenPlotter. Is this normal?
enable the debug icon in openplotter-settings, log tab

open a terminal and run openplotter-notifications

create a new "send rule" and play it.

any error in the terminal?
Just opening the notifications app with the debug mode enabled I get a critical error:

Code:
pi@openplotter-home:~ $ openplotter-notifications

(openplotter-notifications:243498): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 17:43:16.281: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

After that I can send/stop any notification and it shows in SignalK databrowser, but nothing new on terminal
Those Gtk errors can be ignored.

I do not understand what is going on, it should work. Let me see your Visual and Sound tabs.

Did you enabled the debug mode?

From a new terminal type:

pkill -f openplotter-notifications-read
openplotter-notifications-read

and run the rule from the first terminal. Any error in the second terminal?
I don't see any error or message in the second terminal when I send the notification. Hope this screenshot contains everything needed.

[attachment=2141]
Let's try the visual script, type this:

openplotter-notifications-visual "notifications.test" "normal" "testing" "timestamp"

you should see the window for visual warnings for few seconds. Ignore GTK errors but let me know anything else.
It does show the notification window:

[attachment=2143]

Nothing new in the console, only the Gtk-Critical and 2 new Gtk-Warning messages.

I guess it's even weirder now  Huh
Pages: 1 2