OpenMarine

Full Version: OpenCPN 5.8.2 and SignalK Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I just installed the latest version of OpenCPN (flatpak 64bit on a 4GB RPI)via the installer. I was anxious to try out the new DashboardSK plugin.

I've been fiddling with it for the past few days. I'm having a strange interaction between SignalK server and OpenCPN. 

If I start OpenCPN, and then try to open the SignalK server dashboard (localhost:3000), it just hangs. The dashboard never opens. If I then reboot, start the SignalK dashboard first, then open OpenCPN, it seems to work okay, but moving around the SignalK Dashboard seems flaky - some panels don't open, and it seems to eventually hang.

Is anyone else using the new version of OpenCPN, and are you having any issues?
No problems here. Does the problem persist if DashboardSK is disabled or uninstalled?
Sounds like a data loop between SK and O: one sending the other data that gets sent back, keeping the server busy.
Okay, that's something to check. OpenCPN doesn't have any connections other than SignalK.

I'll start disabling plugins on both SK server and OpenCPN and see what happens.

Thanks.
Looks like Teppo called it: I disabled Derived Data and the problem went away. Working great now.
Bonjour je viens de mettre a jour opencpn 5.8.2 cependant depuis la cette mise a jour de la version 5.6.2 A la version 5.8.2 opencpn ne s'ouvre plus. la fenêtre apparait et disparait aussitôt.