OpenMarine

Full Version: Signal K to NMEA 2000 Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Just having a first play with NMEA 2000 and I'm trying to convert some signal K data into NMEA 2000. For Batteries and Engines, what is meant by SignalK Battery ID and the same for engines on the SK to NMEA 2000 Plugin?

I've got other data converted such as temperatures and i can see that on the network but for these two nothing i've tried is working.

Im trying to use data from a Victron Smart Shut using the VE Direct plugin so i've tried the SK paths but that doesn't seem to work.

Any help is greatly received.

Many thanks,
Mat

I've solved one, Batteries for me is just 'House' or 'Starter'

I had used 'Main' and Engine', now I've set everything to 'Engine' its working correctly.
(2023-05-07, 12:20 PM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Just having a first play with NMEA 2000 and I'm trying to convert some signal K data into NMEA 2000. For Batteries and Engines, what is meant by SignalK Battery ID and the same for engines on the SK to NMEA 2000 Plugin?

I've got other data converted such as temperatures and i can see that on the network but for these two nothing i've tried is working.

Im trying to use data from a Victron Smart Shut using the VE Direct plugin so i've tried the SK paths but that doesn't seem to work.

Any help is greatly received.

Many thanks,
Mat

I've solved one, Batteries for me is just 'House' or 'Starter'

I had used 'Main' and Engine', now I've set everything to 'Engine' its working correctly.

When translating from Signal K (SK) to NMEA 2000, “SignalK Battery ID” and “SignalK Engine ID” are the unique identifiers or pathways utilized by the Signal K data structure to indicate engine and battery-related information.
Hi, Are you telling me that's the case or asking a question? Not being funny with that comment, just couldn't quite get that from your response.

I got this working in the end for me its House & Starter and I also needed to update my code on the ESP as I had picked both in the data coming from the engine.