OpenMarine

Full Version: OpenCPN Hangs and System Hangs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed a complete OpenPlotter update on a Rasberry Pi 3+ and now the system is a mess.  OpenCPN almost doesn't work at all.  If I go into OpenCPN in regular mode the entire system locks up and requires a hard shutdown.  In safe mode it hangs  only OpenCPN. 

The is a process that is called "Node" (PID 430, State R, PPID 423) that is using 30 to 50% of the resources without me opening any programs.  Could that have anything to do with it? 

So far, I have not performed any setup procedures in OpenPlotter, so I don't think I have messed anything up.  The only thing I have done is put the maps in a directory and point OpenCPN to them.

I would appreciate any help.
could be indexing the maps....
... this will take some time.
(2023-05-18, 01:27 PM)holgerw Wrote: [ -> ]could be indexing the maps....
... this will take some time.

When I pointed to the maps, it indexed already.  I was able to see the maps.  I don't think that's it.  I didn't install a new system, I just did a major update because the system hasn't been used in a year.  The installer, however seemed to install OpenCPN new because I had to install all new plugins and point to the maps.
Are you using openplotter v3 ?
What os is The pi?
Better use an Image as Update an Oldie System < 2.
(2023-05-18, 02:23 PM)holgerw Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using openplotter v3 ?
What os is The pi?
Better use an Image as Update an Oldie System < 2.

Version of OpenPlotter is 2.9.1

OS is OpenPlotter.  I don't remember ever installing anything different.

Do you mean I should wipe disk and install an old OP version?
yes - make backup in signal k.

look here for backup openplotter 2.

better get an new sd card and install openplotter 3.
(2023-05-18, 08:39 PM)holgerw Wrote: [ -> ]yes - make backup in signal k.

OK, I reinstalled and it seems to be working now.  Thanks
(2023-05-19, 04:46 AM)SVHM Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-05-18, 08:39 PM)holgerw Wrote: [ -> ]yes - make backup in signal k.

OK, I reinstalled and it seems to be working now.  Thanks

Fine

keep on sailing. Holger
Now that I have the new version 3 installed, I need to install Pypilot.  Under the settings tab Pypilot has a reasberry icon next to it and the line is grayed out.  When I select Install, it doesn't do anything.  It seems disabled.  I am following the Workbook.  Have the steps changed with v3?