OpenMarine

Full Version: Navionics with GPS over NMEA0183
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I use Navionics on a cellular-only iPad. Navionics should receive position and AIS through NMEA0183 from Openplotter v3 on the RPi. 
This used to work perfectly last year. 
Now however, AIS still works, but no position data is coming in from Openplotter, so the iPad with Navionics is useless. 
I can see the GPS NMEA0183 datastream, using a NMEA logger app on my phone.  It looks fine, I can see the GLL sentences coming in. But Navionics won't pick them up anymore. 
Navionics is listening on port 10.10.10.1:10110 (TCP).

Has Garmin disabled using GPS over TCP? Sad
Sure looks like it. Or am I doing something wrong? I really hope it's my fault...

Thanks, 
Rob
Never used Navionics but I know sometimes licenses expire and some features disappear.
(2023-05-30, 01:47 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]Never used Navionics but I know sometimes licenses expire and some features disappear.

Hi, 
I got it to work again, luckily.  
I contacted Garmin support, who told me that Navionics listens to RMC NMEA sentences, which I had disabled. I was only sending GLL, which apparently is not enough for Navionics.