OpenMarine

Full Version: Missing something on signalk TCP client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just spent 4 hours searching google and this forum and can't find out what I missed.....

I setup and open plotter system on an orange pi board, and everything seems to be working. I downloaded NMEA simulator on my windows laptop and I have been trying to feed data into my signalk server.

The orange pi is receiving the signalk data over TCP on port 8375, but as far as I can tell the signalk server is getting nothing, not even an error. 

I added a new TCP data connection, but I'm not sure what the "self" handling is or if I have the UUID correct. 

Ty Nate!
(2023-06-26, 01:56 AM)Nate_Bro Wrote: [ -> ]Just spent 4 hours searching google and this forum and can't find out what I missed.....

I setup and open plotter system on an orange pi board, and everything seems to be working. I downloaded NMEA simulator on my windows laptop and I have been trying to feed data into my signalk server.

The orange pi is receiving the signalk data over TCP on port 8375, but as far as I can tell the signalk server is getting nothing, not even an error. 

I added a new TCP data connection, but I'm not sure what the "self" handling is or if I have the UUID correct. 

Ty Nate!

How is the Windows machine connected to the Pi? (I assume they're just on the same network and communicating via the TCP port). Can you show the page where you're setting up the new TCP connection?
(2023-06-27, 12:41 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-06-26, 01:56 AM)Nate_Bro Wrote: [ -> ]Just spent 4 hours searching google and this forum and can't find out what I missed.....

Ty Nate!

How is the Windows machine connected to the Pi? (I assume they're just on the same network and communicating via the TCP port). Can you show the page where you're setting up the new TCP connection?

My Orange pi has to wifi adapters and the embedded wifi is set as an access point, so the windows machine is connected directly to it.

Let me get the configuration page for ya