OpenMarine

Full Version: Moitessier Hat 2 Heading data all wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, 
any moitessier hat users around? 
I have never really used the hat as it always had this driver issue but recently I decided to try the "hack" mentioned here to try and see if I can get the heading data to work. 
I did the calibration and the visual model in the calibration settings corresponds with ship movement. 
However the heading data is pretty off most of the times. 
Any exeperiences / pointers? 
I can easily use my analog compass of course but for some internal calculations it would be nice to have the heading also in the digital realm.

Thanks a lot!
I've no experience with the hat but I assume you have set the heading offset correctly in Pypilot calibration?
(2023-07-07, 01:45 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: [ -> ]I've no experience with the hat but I assume you have set the heading offset correctly in Pypilot calibration?
yes, i do.
Sorry for a bit off-topic question:

Can we already use Moitessier HAt2 with 64 bit version?

I don't find the updated info.

Thanks
(2023-07-07, 02:25 PM)SailorMacSailface Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-07-07, 01:45 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: [ -> ]I've no experience with the hat but I assume you have set the heading offset correctly in Pypilot calibration?
yes, i do.

Did you enabled  AP-mode  while you did the callibration ?  
it wont save you calibration  in compas mode .
in latest version of pypilot .
(2023-09-10, 10:04 PM)aitonos Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for a bit off-topic question:

Can we already use Moitessier HAt2 with 64 bit version?

I don't find the updated info.

Thanks

Nobody answered me, today I have tried the installation of OP3 64 and Hat2 is not working as gives permission denied in SignalK...

Such a disaster Cry
Hi again, after one full day of traials and errors and many fresh installs ( I was getting crazy) Just to mention that It seems that the Moitessier Hat2, cannot be used ( hacked) under 64 bits OS OP3, I tried and I couldnt install Pypilot, Signal K server not running either; finally I installed the 32bits version and then all seemed to work ( Still indoors so no AIS nor GPS lock) but Signal K seems consisten in IMU readings.

Can this MAJOR DETAIL ( HACKING just works with 32 bits VERSION)  be included in the notes about hacking the HAT?
Wink
I use hacked moitessier hat with 64 bit version with no problems.

I  had similary problems when hacked hat with OP2, then switched to OP3 which I had no problems with
moitessier 1 hack works here with op3 and 64 bit also.
(2023-10-12, 06:22 PM)holgerw Wrote: [ -> ]moitessier 1 hack works here with op3 and 64 bit also.

In a different thread; about pypilot (I Also had issues), I reached to the conclusion that all problems were related to the fact that I was changing the USER in Pi Imager  options, to My user name, and that was turning the installation crazy ( Signal K not working, etc)

So it seems that this was the source of all these problems I declared above.

Thanks!