OpenMarine

Full Version: RNC Charts phasing out - low res only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The latest RNC charts are in some cases extremely low resolution. Is there an archive for RMC charts so that we can at least use the old ones that had a much higher resolution? For instance, further in the south bay area, the resolution is essentially nonexistent.
I would really like to have the channels and the buoys back.
(2023-07-30, 03:47 AM)McNugget Wrote: [ -> ]The latest RNC charts are in some cases extremely low resolution. Is there an archive for RMC charts so that we can at least use the old ones that had a much higher resolution? For instance, further in the south bay area, the resolution is essentially nonexistent.
I would really like to have the channels and the buoys back.

Both your issues are regarding opencpn, better place to raise them would be https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/
Both my issues were resolved by switching to the flatpack version which for is recommended only for non-lts Linux versions for some reason. It’s 5.8.1-1. Seems much improved in terms of performance!
(2023-07-30, 06:04 AM)McNugget Wrote: [ -> ]Both my issues were resolved by switching to the flatpack version which for is recommended only for non-lts Linux versions for some reason. It’s 5.8.1-1. Seems much improved in terms of performance!

good news you got it sorted out. New versions of opencpn take a while to filter down to linux so flatpak is generally recommended. Also the latest plugins should be available.