OpenMarine

Full Version: Telegraf in Openplotter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I need help... Smile

I have created a DataBase with influxdDB. However I dont know how to initiate Telegraf service, so it start sending data from signalk to influx.... I saw that each time I "edit" influxdb in opneplotter-dashboards, It prints "Telegraf restarted" and it works, it sends data. But If I reboot the raspberry, it is not saving data anymore. How can I start telegraf service??
why not use the influxdb writer app?
I dont know waht you mean.. Any way I found the solution -> subprocess.Popen(['telegraf','--config-directory',self.conf.home+'/.openplotter/telegraf']) Smile
(2023-08-16, 04:56 PM)ignamendi21 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know waht you mean..

don't understand why you are using telegraph when there's a signalk app written specifically to write signalk data to influxdb? Look in the app store.
(2023-08-16, 07:21 PM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]

don't understand why you are using telegraph when there's a signalk app written specifically to write signalk data to influxdb? Look in the app store.

mmmmm... I still dont get you. As long as I know, the service in charge of sending the data from signalk to influxDB is Telegraph. 

For me everything is fine now.

Thank you PaddyB
(2023-08-17, 10:08 AM)ignamendi21 Wrote: [ -> ]

mmmmm... I still dont get you. As long as I know, the service in charge of sending the data from signalk to influxDB is Telegraph. 

Thank you PaddyB
if it works then great,  but there's no need for telegraf, signalk has it's own app written just to write signalk data to influxdb, you can tell it what to write, how often, quick & simple to set up and  it does it all for you. No need to even install telegraf. But if your way works, it works  Cool
(2023-08-17, 04:15 PM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-17, 10:08 AM)ignamendi21 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you PaddyB
if it works then great,  but there's no need for telegraf, signalk has it's own app written just to write signalk data to influxdb, you can tell it what to write, how often, quick & simple to set up and  it does it all for you. No need to even install telegraf. But if your way works, it works  Cool

Yes, in SK appstore, there's a SignalK to InfluxDB that does all that and makes it easy.