OpenMarine

Full Version: All windows really small in a corner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
after rebooting I have the issue, that the start menu and all application windows are really small and in one corner. Some of them are resizable, but some stay too small to work with them.
The resolution of the whoe scree is fine, but all windows only use a small part of the whole screen.
The Pi is working headless. 
It happened after an update.

Any ideas?

Holger
The dropdown menus look correct and the only window you have open is firefox. Can't you just resize that by grabbing and extending the right hand side or the bottom?

Apologies if I am not understanding your problem.
He has a resolution problem. you have a 1920x1080 resolution but the system thinks that it has 640x480 resolution. I had the same problem when I start the system without an hdmi connected. My solution was force the resolution in the next file /boot/config.txt
(2023-08-23, 10:10 PM)pestsicola Wrote: [ -> ]He has a resolution problem. you have a 1920x1080 resolution but the system thinks that it has 640x480 resolution. I had the same problem when I start the system without an hdmi connected. My solution was force the resolution in the next file /boot/config.txt

But he says that the resolution of the whole screen is fine.
Yes resolution is fine 1920x1080 but when you try to maximize the window only uses 640x480
Maybe you are correct but if the main screen is 1920x1080 that firefox window is definitely not 640x480. It's way smaller and the aspect ratio is completely wrong. 480 pixels should be a little under half the screen vertical size.
yes, i had these problems after the latest pi os update also. but they are slowly gettig solved. the fastest way for me was to logout from the x system and login again with user pi and your password, this is faster as restarting the pi.

after this the whole screen is usable for the apps.

holger

# eventually an delay for the x-system after rebooting will also be an solution to give the apps an complete initalized x-window system.
Hello all and thank you for your answers. I was sailing for a while and did not check my mails.
But now the problem disappeared after some bootings.
But I agree, that the issue could have come up after an update.

(2023-08-27, 04:16 PM)pestsicola Wrote: [ -> ]Yes resolution is fine 1920x1080 but when you try to maximize the window only uses 640x480

Right, it´s something like that, although I cannot say which size the maximized windwos have.