OpenMarine

Full Version: Signalk not accessible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to everyone,
After a hard restart of my RPI3B+ OP3 OC5.8.4, signalk became unreachable. I was trying to download a plugin in a non good network environnement.

Then I fully reinstalled signalk using signalk installer. I did'nt succeed to restart signalk, in my browser I have localhost:3000 unreachable.

Is this behaviour analog to those described in another post and is there an easy solution?

Many thanks for the help
(2023-09-03, 08:48 AM)yvereg Wrote: [ -> ]Hello to everyone,
After a hard restart of my RPI3B+ OP3 OC5.8.4, signalk became unreachable. I was trying to download a plugin in a non good network environnement.

Then I fully reinstalled signalk using signalk installer. I did'nt succeed to restart signalk, in my browser I have localhost:3000 unreachable.

Is this behaviour analog to those described in another post and is there an easy solution?

Many thanks for the help

Hi,
Nobody has a solution for this? Does it mean it is better to forget OP and to use OC alone ?

I don't believe it. Maybe I posted my question in a wrong section of the forum

Thanks, 
Yves
Let’s start from these:

What is the exact error you are seeing? ”unreachable” has a spefic meaning. What do you have in the browser’s address bar?

Is there anything related to Signal K in syslog?
(2023-09-11, 02:01 PM)tkurki Wrote: [ -> ]Let’s start from these:

What is the exact error you are seeing? ”unreachable” has a spefic meaning. What do you have in the browser’s address bar?

Is there anything related to Signal K in syslog?
Hello, thanks for reply
in the address bar of chromium I have the following address
http://localhost:3000/

the browser display (sorry it is in french), tell if you need translation
Ce site est inaccessible
localhost n'autorise pas la connexion.
Voici quelques conseils :

Vérifier la connexion
Vérifier le proxy et le pare-feu
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

In syslog, there is for instance this sequence:
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: Started signalk.service.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Turn on SSH if /boot/ssh is present being skipped.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: Starting User Login Management...
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter signalk-server[456]: /home/pi/.signalk/signalk-server: 2: /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/bin/signalk-server: not found
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter kernel: [  12.144878] [vc_sm_connected_init]: installed successfully
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter kernel: [  12.151482] mc: Linux media interface: v0.10
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter kernel: [  12.364939] videodev: Linux video capture interface: v2.00
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter kernel: [  12.387526] snd_bcm2835: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
and a few hundred lines after
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: signalk.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=127/n/a
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter avahi-daemon[402]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface lo.IPv4 with address 127.0.0.1.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: signalk.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter avahi-daemon[402]: New relevant interface lo.IPv4 for mDNS.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: Finished Check for Raspberry Pi EEPROM updates.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter avahi-daemon[402]: Network interface enumeration completed.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: Started triggerhappy global hotkey daemon.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter avahi-daemon[402]: Registering new address record for ::1 on lo.*.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: signalk.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 1.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter avahi-daemon[402]: Registering new address record for 127.0.0.1 on lo.IPv4.

Many thanks for your help
So this is your problem:

/home/pi/.signalk/signalk-server: 2: /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/bin/signalk-server: not found

Something wrong with your Signal K install, as the actual server file is not found.

See https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...-my-system
(2023-09-11, 08:39 PM)tkurki Wrote: [ -> ]So this is your problem:

/home/pi/.signalk/signalk-server: 2: /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/bin/signalk-server: not found

Something wrong with your Signal K install, as the actual server file is not found.

Many thanks for your help,

I will follow indication of the FAQ and I will come back to tell the result in a few days as I'm sailing now.

Yves
(2023-09-15, 07:02 PM)yvereg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-09-11, 08:39 PM)tkurki Wrote: [ -> ]So this is your problem:

Many thanks for your help,

I will follow indication of the FAQ and I will come back to tell the result in a few days as I'm sailing now.

Yves
Hello,
I found some time to check the reinstall as described in the FAQ. It fails, hereafter the terminal console:
pi@openplotter:~ $ sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server
pi@openplotter:~ $ sudo npm install -g signalk-server
Processus arrêté###) ⠇ reify:date-fns: timing reifyNode:node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/listr/node_modules/rxjs Completed in 14623
pi@openplotter:~ $

Thanks if you can help or suggest some actions
Yves
I think your install is stalling and stopping for one reason or another. Try again?
(2023-09-17, 02:26 PM)tkurki Wrote: [ -> ]I think your install is stalling and stopping for one reason or another. Try again?
Hello, back to my base.
All these last days i tried many time to have a correct re-install of signalK without any success. I made few reset, try to init signalk as described in the Faq . I don't know why and when signalk accept to start. For the moment I have a basic behaviour: position received in OC. 
The next step is add and configure plugin especially for the VHF.
My system is very slow, I don't know if there is some impact: I use the 64bits package and I disable openGL in raspberry config

Regards and thanks tkurki