OpenMarine

Full Version: Assign SK path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I assign a Signal K Path to a GPIO Input pin????

I want SK to know when the GPIO pin turns HIGH for use in Node Red

[attachment=2497]

I'm struggling with the GPIO app with no Docs.

Pi4 64, Latest OP3 & SK

TIA
Are we getting some docs for GPIO soon please??
I've done this, but not at home to look at my setup. This does not look like the panel I remember, though, but a notification panel. In GPIO, I use mine to read a PWM and send it into a SK delta with no issues. I seem to remember I had to click off the original window to find that section...
I would like to be able to do this as well. I'm trying to get a path in SignalK for a GPIO input
There are no documents on how to do this or how the notifications work, any ideas when this might happen?
Sorry, I forgot to look at this, but as far as I understand it, you assign the needed pin to a SignalK sentence and the GPIO app connects via a socket in SK (which you'll have to approve in "Security/Access Requests"). That's about it. Not much to it. I'm using mine via PWM to read the rpms of a fan I have attached to my Pi.

If you are just using Node-Red, I believe you don't need the GPIO app. Just install the pallet "node-red-node-pi-gpiod", which will give Node-Red direct access to the GPIO pins.
(2023-11-11, 12:00 AM)SCarns Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I forgot to look at this, but as far as I understand it, you assign the needed pin to a SignalK sentence and the GPIO app connects via a socket in SK (which you'll have to approve in "Security/Access Requests"). That's about it. Not much to it. I'm using mine via PWM to read the rpms of a fan I have attached to my Pi.

If you are just using Node-Red, I believe you don't need the GPIO app. Just install the pallet "node-red-node-pi-gpiod", which will give Node-Red direct access to the GPIO pins.

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.