OpenMarine

Full Version: MPU-9250 Accelerometer Calibration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a MPU-9250 IMU model, which I believe needs calibration. I read the workbook and the calibration instruction on Pypilot and attempted to calibrate first accelerometer. But it is not clear to me what a successful accelerometer calibration looks like and I don’t know when my accelerometer is successfully calibrated. Besides, “need more range” message often came up in the log. What does it mean? And what should I do accordingly? 

It would be great if you could give me more hints. Many thanks!
I think most of the members who "know stuff" are on a well deserved holiday but I have read elsewhere, & I have to do this myself yet, that you have to "Enable Autopilot" then do the calibration & then go back to "Enable IMU only".
There must be a glitch somewhere.
from what I've read you need to imagine the sensor is atached to one side of a cube, then move it so it is where each of the six sides of the cube are, leaving if "for a few seconds" (I go for about 10s) at each position. Not sure what the numbers mean though - anyone?