OpenMarine

Full Version: WilhelmSK Switches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to understand some of the functions of WilhelmSK a bit better. With switches, WSK works well, but it appears as if there must be a physical relay on the backside to work. Is there a way to use a "virtual switch"?

I'd like to have a virtual switch in WSK that can set a boolean setting in a SK Delta, but I cannot figure out how it all works.

As an example, you can use Node_Red to look at "environment.mode" and "navigation.state" and if mode is "night" and state is "anchored", then turn on the anchor light. That's easy. But what if I'm anchored in a designation anchorage or in my own private lake and want to have an override with a simple switch so if boolean is true, mode is night, and state anchored, the light turns on. Otherwise, boolean is false, mode is night, and state is anchored, light doesn't turn on. This is an oversimplified example. My uses would be more geared toward heating/cooling/refrigeration, etc. More complicated, but the logic would handle all the options.

What is the best way to EASILY do a manual override with a visual switch in WilhelmSK?