OpenMarine

Full Version: WiFi Battery Monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello - my first post,

I've been following the excellent instructions OpenBoat WiFi Battery Monitor to create a wifi battery monitor and have run in to some issues. Not sure if this is the right place to post them, if not please do re-direct me!

The build of the unit went fine and the unit outputs battery data as designed and I can see that using the Console on the device through a web browser. 

Here are the issues:

1. The PZME-017 Board that the build is based on has changed from V1.0 to V2.0. Consequently the instructions to attach the one-wire thermometer no longer apply. I've made a 'best guess' and guessed wrong. Temperature data is not present in the console.

1. The battery monitor is designed to integrate with SignalK, however having followed the instructions I'm not seeing any output appear in SignalK Data Browser. I'm also not seeing SignalK prompt for an access request authorisation, which I would have thought I would have seen. The instructions do not refer to the need to accept an access request in SignalK, so does the solution bypass this requirement or are the instructions out of date for this version of SignalK.

If anyone has any thoughts or how I might troubleshoot - would be great to hear from you
accept the request i would assume read write.