OpenMarine

Full Version: SignalK B&G MFD Plugin Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking at the plugin and thought this would be a great solution if I could put KIP screens on to the B&G MFD, this way I could put screens up for tank levels or battery condition. Does anyone know if this is possible with this plugin. If possible has anyone tried hosting the webpage  (URL) on a different machine outside of SignalK?
(2023-10-03, 11:17 PM)Meribella Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking at the plugin and thought this would be a great solution if I could put KIP screens on to the B&G MFD, this way I could put screens up for tank levels or battery condition. Does anyone know if this is possible with this plugin. If possible has anyone tried hosting the webpage  (URL) on a different machine outside of SignalK?

Maybe I don't understand you fully, but in KIP you can define a screen that is some webpage hosted elsewhere. That is how I have a video stream from a camera in a KIP screen.
I understand the capabilities of KIP. My question is about the capabilities of the MFD Plugin. They show 2 use cases (plugins) that are working NavTek Messages and SailTrim. Just wondering if KIP can work as well?
(2023-10-04, 05:00 PM)Meribella Wrote: [ -> ]I understand the capabilities of KIP. My question is about the capabilities of the MFD Plugin. They show 2 use cases (plugins) that are working NavTek Messages and SailTrim. Just wondering if KIP can work as well?

Why not use B&G instruments to show your tanks? you can stream them via NMEA2000 the values and receive them on the plotter. that's what I have and it works.