OpenMarine

Full Version: issues when using GPSD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why use GPSD : I appreciate a lot GPSD clients : xgps and cgps - ls and also the NMEA Debug window.
Consequently I use the following connections :
1- Network/Input/GPSD/localhost/2947/priority = 0 (priority manually set to 0 to avoid any rerouting in Signal K ...)
2- Network/Input/Signal K/localhost/3000/priority = 1 (automatically created by Serial when connecting the GPS to GPSD)
It works fine, well, for most of he system startups. 
But sometimes it fails: no GPS signal, and no green line in signal K !
In this case (failure  Sad ) one of the following actions restore the situation :
  1. launch any of the GPSD clients (xgps) Smile
  2. or Restart Signal K, Smile
  3. or in Serial delete connection to GPSD and recreate it, Smile (which includes a Signal K restart)

The issue seems to lie in the startup of GPSD either not happening, or not properly detected by the Pi ...
Anyway, it looks like a But ,isn't it  Huh

BTW I noticed that surprisingly going from French to English language in OpenCPN has a big impact on the ... font Size (give it a try !)!
Testing OP 3.0, the 64b Touch flavour, and it appears to work like a Swiss made watch !
Perfect stability with signal K 2.1.0, issues showing in OP 2.9 regarding connection SK to GPSD seems to have vanished ! 

Heart Heart Heart Pure happiness ! Heart Heart Heart

I also gave a try to SK 2.3.0, and came back rapidito to 2.1.0 by re-installing from official 64 b Touch image  !!!

As is, it is just perfect. The touch screen is really usable, even with a tiny 7" touch screen !

BTW,  what is the gesture to emulate a right click ?
I had stopped using the touch function, but I want to try again !