OpenMarine

Full Version: Signal K Server UI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've been using Openplotter 2 with a Moitessier Hat 1 on a Pi 3b+ for a few years and been very happy with it.

I recently upgraded to a Pi 4, 8gb ram with a 42gb micro sd and installed Openplotter 3. I "hacked" the Moitessier hat as per the relevant Openmarine page but could only get the Hat to work for a few seconds on each boot. I've decided not to continue with the Moitessier Hat as the hack involves loss of Bluetooth which I use for a keyboard. I'm getting another IMU.

Anyway, while trying to work out what was going on with the Hat, I looked in Signal K.

Does anyone else find the user interface for Signal K in the chromium browser very laggy? The Openplotter interface is without any lag, but trying to do anything from scrolling to data entry in the signal K server app in the chromium browser means waiting between keypresses for the information to show.

I tried updating Signal K from 2.10 to 2.30 but that resulted in being refused by the localhost on port 3000. A failed upgrade.

I made a fresh Openplotter 3 image and without any equipment added and no updating checked out the Signal K UI in the chromium browser. Laggy.

I have searched online and found no mention of this.

Is there something I need to do to improve the reaction time for the signal K interface or is this normal?

I even tried on another RPi4 to see if it was the unit I have - same result on a different machine.

Hoping to hear either "Yes its really slow" or "You need to do this!" (with instructions)!

I sail a Maxi 95 - had it since 1988 and find it a pleasure to sail. I used to have a small Digital Yacht chartplotter using Cmap and a Raymarine S1 wheelpilot. Openplotter and Pypilot (on a Tinypilot) are so much better! Thanks to all those who put such hard work into making this a success.
(2023-10-21, 07:49 PM)DaveC Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I've been using Openplotter 2 with a Moitessier Hat 1 on a Pi 3b+ for a few years and been very happy with it.

I recently upgraded to a Pi 4, 8gb ram with a 42gb micro sd and installed Openplotter 3. I "hacked" the Moitessier hat as per the relevant Openmarine page but could only get the Hat to work for a few seconds on each boot. I've decided not to continue with the Moitessier Hat as the hack involves loss of Bluetooth which I use for a keyboard. I'm getting another IMU.

Anyway, while trying to work out what was going on with the Hat, I looked in Signal K.

Does anyone else find the user interface for Signal K in the chromium browser very laggy? The Openplotter interface is without any lag, but trying to do anything from scrolling to data entry in the signal K server app in the chromium browser means waiting between keypresses for the information to show.

I tried updating Signal K from 2.10 to 2.30 but that resulted in being refused by the localhost on port 3000. A failed upgrade.

I made a fresh Openplotter 3 image and without any equipment added and no updating checked out the Signal K UI in the chromium browser. Laggy.

I have searched online and found no mention of this.

Is there something I need to do to improve the reaction time for the signal K interface or is this normal?

I even tried on another RPi4 to see if it was the unit I have - same result on a different machine.

Hoping to hear either "Yes its really slow" or "You need to do this!" (with instructions)!

I sail a Maxi 95 - had it since 1988 and find it a pleasure to sail. I used to have a small Digital Yacht chartplotter using Cmap and a Raymarine S1 wheelpilot. Openplotter and Pypilot (on a Tinypilot) are so much better! Thanks to all those who put such hard work into making this a success.

Problem solved!

I was using the Chromium browser.

I installed Firefox. Firefox has no lag in comparrison to the Chromium browser.

DaveC.