OpenMarine

Full Version: OpenCPN Slow down on Raspberry Pi 3B?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, 

I just tonight got my Raspberry Pi with the OpenPlotter software bundle up and running. I am using a dAISy hat and I am currently tinkering with this on shore power. I just downloaded the polygon coastal charts and the NOAA charts for California. The program is cool, my AIS targts show up, but it is running incredibly slow. Is this normal? I have a 256 gig micro SD, so I think I have plenty of memory. The program keeps freezing. I am reading the manual but nothing obvious is popping out at me. I am using the standard image from OpenMarine.

Thanks for any advice you can lend me. I am looking forward to learning this!
(2023-11-16, 08:43 AM)CarolMarie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, 

I just tonight got my Raspberry Pi with the OpenPlotter software bundle up and running. I am using a dAISy hat and I am currently tinkering with this on shore power. I just downloaded the polygon coastal charts and the NOAA charts for California. The program is cool, my AIS targts show up, but it is running incredibly slow. Is this normal? I have a 256 gig micro SD, so I think I have plenty of memory. The program keeps freezing. I am reading the manual but nothing obvious is popping out at me. I am using the standard image from OpenMarine.

Thanks for any advice you can lend me. I am looking forward to learning this!

This is also a Pi3 running over VNC, not zippy fast but useable >
[Image: xlCHYJg.gif]

If you open a terminal then type "htop" & press enter it will show what programs are using the most resources, or maybe could be an NMEA loop, what does the signalk dashboard look like?