OpenMarine

Full Version: Raspberr PI5 and Openplotter ang Signal K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
Thanks for letting me join - I've tried to test installation on my PI5 but unfortunately this image doesn't fit a PI5 - what can I do to get openplotter on my pi5?
Is the Pi failing to boot to the desktop or is it booting to the desktop and failing to load the openplotter software? 

I'm still waiting to receive my preorder of the Pi 5, so I've yet to test how openplotter handles it.  My understanding is that the Pi 5 is setup to run on the new Debian 12 "Bookworm" OS.  But the lastest version of Openplotter is designed to run under Debian 11 "Bullseye".  A new version of Openplotter will have to be built and tested for Bookworm. 

I'd probably run the lastest Raspberry Pi OS (Bookworm) and then try installing the standalone "openplotter-settings" onto that.  I'd expect things to break, but that would probably get you closest for now.
I agree with Ceahawk, its likely to be a challenge at present. Here is a post where the development team have started to document progress:

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=4942
Hi, thanks for letting me know - I guess the best thing is to wait