OpenMarine

Full Version: Signal K: Adding Keys / new sensor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks!

I'm currently playing with Signal K the first time on a more serious level and I am starting to really enjoy it.

I also tried the API to read some values, also to change some values after authentication. 

As I have a serial protocol which is not supported by OpenPlotter, I need to run Node-RED to grab some UART data and create some jsons based on the information. In this case: My solar charger's information, current, power etc.

Long story short: I would like to add this data into Signal K and as I am able to modify keys using the API, I could do it. However, I asked myself if I can create own keys and a new type of data.
The API can't create new keys - is there any way to do this with Signal K directly?

Thanks!
(2024-03-17, 01:32 PM)SirReal Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks!

I'm currently playing with Signal K the first time on a more serious level and I am starting to really enjoy it.

I also tried the API to read some values, also to change some values after authentication. 

As I have a serial protocol which is not supported by OpenPlotter, I need to run Node-RED to grab some UART data and create some jsons based on the information. In this case: My solar charger's information, current, power etc.

Long story short: I would like to add this data into Signal K and as I am able to modify keys using the API, I could do it. However, I asked myself if I can create own keys and a new type of data.
The API can't create new keys - is there any way to do this with Signal K directly?

Thanks!

Node red will do that for you, send the value as  msg.payload  and the key as msg.topic  to a signalk-send-pathvalue node. You can try using an inject node which lets you set those.

Or send a signalk delta json with the new keys in it & signalk will create them. siggK does it all for you 

Copy & paste this into the data fiddler & click send to server then have a look in the data browser >>

[
  {
    "updates": [
      {
        "source": {
        },
        "values": [
          {
            "path": "testing.testing",
            "value": "Hello world"
          }
        ]
      }
    ],
    "context": "vessels.self"
  }
]
okay, thanks again, PaddyB. My try with a simple Insomnia API call didn't let me add something but I tried a specific path, maybe I need to create a complete new one. Thanks!
PS: I found the full and delta model explanation - okay, now I got it...
The node is much bigger than I thought before and a simple put on an address won't work, you need to put a delta action on the node. Cool that this is existing in Node-RED but I will first try this directly
(2024-03-17, 06:51 PM)SirReal Wrote: [ -> ]PS: I found the full and delta model explanation - okay, now I got it...
The node is much bigger than I thought before and a simple put on an address won't work, you need to put a delta action on the node. Cool that this is existing in Node-RED but I will first try this directly

Heres another handy way to get at sigK deltas in a function node, set up lodash then it can read the values >

[Image: L1gYkIJ.png]

Code:
[
    {
        "id": "8c56f0aa3d0a6aaa",
        "type": "signalk-send-pathvalue",
        "z": "d5d630826742fbee",
        "name": "",
        "source": "",
        "meta": "",
        "x": 570,
        "y": 3200,
        "wires": []
    },
    {
        "id": "bde73b71071b24fe",
        "type": "inject",
        "props": [
            {
                "p": "payload"
            },
            {
                "p": "topic",
                "vt": "str"
            }
        ],
        "repeat": "",
        "crontab": "",
        "once": false,
        "onceDelay": 0.1,
        "topic": "test.test",
        "payload": "hello everyone",
        "payloadType": "str",
        "x": 240,
        "y": 3200,
        "wires": [
            [
                "8c56f0aa3d0a6aaa",
                "d17dbb509637addf"
            ]
        ]
    },
    {
        "id": "d17dbb509637addf",
        "type": "delay",
        "pauseType": "delay",
        "timeout": "2",
        "timeoutUnits": "seconds",
        "rate": "1",
        "nbRateUnits": "1",
        "rateUnits": "second",
        "randomFirst": "1",
        "randomLast": "5",
        "randomUnits": "seconds",
        "drop": false,
        "allowrate": false,
        "outputs": 1,
        "x": 240,
        "y": 3280,
            [
                "858904937313d37a"
            ]
        ]
    },
    {
        "id": "858904937313d37a",
        "type": "function",
        "name": "function 12",
        "func": "let _ = global.get('lodash');\nlet app = global.get('app');\nlet test = app.getSelfPath('test.test');\nmsg.payload = test;\n\nreturn msg;",
        "outputs": 1,
        "timeout": 0,
        "noerr": 0,
        "initialize": "",
        "finalize": "",
        "libs": [],
        "x": 430,
            [
                "33954b51d46a38f7"
            ]
        ]
    },
    {
        "id": "33954b51d46a38f7",
        "type": "debug",
        "name": "debug 35",
        "active": true,
        "tosidebar": true,
        "console": false,
        "tostatus": false,
        "complete": "false",
        "statusVal": "",
        "statusType": "auto",
        "x": 600,
        "wires": []
    }
]

Ain't nuthin node red can't do  Big Grin
cool. thanks. Good to know.

Just if someone else is reading this: What was confusing me is that HTTP rest calls (PUT) can only change node-paths which are made for that and will do an action afterwards.
If you just want to send a sensor's data in, you need a websocket connection to make delta calls. I was not aware of that...
(2024-03-17, 06:51 PM)SirReal Wrote: [ -> ]PS: I found the full and delta model explanation - okay, now I got it...

Hi

can you give the URL where you found the full model explanation ?

thankx and regards
(2024-03-18, 02:46 AM)gildas declercq Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi

can you give the URL where you found the full model explanation ?

thankx and regards

sorry, I did read it just now. Here the link:

https://signalk.org/specification/1.7.0/...model.html