OpenMarine

Full Version: Openplotter and Navigatrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

First of all, congratulation to the team for the accomplished worked.
I ll install openplotter on my raspberry soon. In an other hand navigatrix is good also with very interrestinggs softwares. what is the link between the two projects ? is it sheduled to merge the both projects ? Or should i install the software of navigatrix on my raspberry by myself ?
Regards
i don't think you can install navigatrix to raspberry it has a arm processor.
navigatrix is made for x86 processors like in a laptop or desktop computer.
i have a dual boot laptop windows and navigatrix and openplotter on pi3.
you can log into a pi with ether windows or navigatrix from an x86 machine.
openplotter and navigatrix are two different animals.Why not have both.
jim
Agree with jim321. We have contributed to both projects but now we are focused on openplotter.
(2017-09-25, 01:08 PM)jim321 Wrote: [ -> ]i don't think you can install navigatrix to raspberry it has a arm processor.
navigatrix is made for x86 processors like in a laptop or desktop computer.
i have a dual boot laptop windows and navigatrix and openplotter on pi3.
you can log into a pi with ether windows or navigatrix from an x86 machine.
openplotter and navigatrix are two different animals.Why not have both.
jim

TKS for your answer,

my idea was to avoid the multiplication of numerous devices and systems on board, for energy and mainteance purpose.
Anyway, there are already some redundancy between the two systems and itis still possibble to install the missing software on openplotter.
Dominique

(2017-09-26, 05:25 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with jim321. We have contributed to both projects but now we are focused on openplotter.

Good because i am more interested by openplotter Smile