OpenMarine

Full Version: Display?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could anyone tell me the most reasonable solution for a display to be mounted down below somewhere dry?
Is it the offical 7" RPi one, or are there other good (and simple to implement) alternatives?
Thanks
(2017-10-12, 02:37 PM)Leigh Wrote: [ -> ]Could anyone tell me the most reasonable solution for a display to be mounted down below somewhere dry?
Is it the offical 7" RPi one, or are there other good (and simple to implement) alternatives?
Thanks

I just use a samsung 19" monitor, not sure if it's this one but something like this >
https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/mon...350hnnxza/

Runs straight of the boat 12V , draws about 1A.

Though most of the time I VNC from a laptop, on passage the monitor gets a bit more use.
Thanks
I should have said small display. 7 or maybe 10" perhaps.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Hi,
I'm using 'official' raspberry 7" touch screen, with some drawbacks :
The display area is 800x480 pixels and definitely, 480 is not high enough !
eg : In the set keyboard dialog  (Raspberry preferences it is quite difficult to reach the 'OK' button at the bottom of the window.
Even worse, in some of OpenCPN dialogues windows it is absolutely impossible to reach the bottom of the window where is hiding that @["{# 'OK' button ! Angry 

Another problem with touch screen : OpenCPN has no 'shutdown', or 'quit' button ! Of course, as the display is small you launched it in "full screen" and you need a keyboard if you want to stop it ! Not to mention the plugin menu where the activate button is also quite hard to reach...
I think I will continue with that too small display and use VNC or RDP from a tablet to walk around these issues, unless I can put my hands on a 10" sainsmart display...