OpenMarine

Full Version: dAISy Hat setup Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to get openplotter set-up with a dAISy Hat Dual Channel AIS receiver, I have it connected to a Raspberry Pi 3

I've run the Ilker Temir script in the email they sent me, and I think it worked because now I do not have bluetooth anymore, so i think the serial port is available now

But for the life of me I do not understand how I'm suppose to get the dAISy hat to communicate with Openplotter

I think the dAISy Hat is working fine because every 5 or so seconds I get the green LED light flash, but when i look in openplotter I do not see that it has a connection

I've tried setting up a new connection under the NMEA 0183 tab, (Type:Serial Name:ais, Port:ttyS0 Baud:38400 in/ot:in) but no dice

I'm a total noob when it comes to the Raspberry Pi and Linux

Any help would be greatly appreciated

TIA
Tim
You have to be sure that those are the correct port and bauds.

Opencpn should be listen to TCP localhost 10109

You can try the auto setup. Go to Tools - Auto Setup - start - setup and see what happens.
got it working, I had to connect it to the ttyAMA0 port for Openplotter to see the NMEA data

I guess the issue was that the AIS hat is silent, so i had to put it in test mode to configure the port

All is working now

Thanks