OpenMarine

Full Version: BME980 Use on OpenPlotter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just added this BME980 sensor to my setup, running V0.17 of OpenPlotter, which allows the sensor to be read in the IC2 tab, which I couldn't do in V 0.10.

However, could anyone assist in letting me know of any add-ons that can use this useful data?

It appears older versions of OpenPlotter used to have software called Thermograph/Pressure/Hygrograph but I cannot find that in the current version.

A trend graph is useful for helping predict weather changes etc.

As a newbie, but active sailor and tinkerer, this set-up is proving very useful and a pleasure to use, but I am still at the early stages.

The next problems I foresee is trying to interpret my Seatalk ST50 instruments to talk to other, newer devices...no doubt another thread.

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy sailing......
BME280 ?

Open the browser to SignalK in openplotter, look around for the app store. There is a new instrument panel called Kip that I believe supports trend data. Haven't had a chance to dig deeply into this myself yet, but it looks exciting.

It would be fun to plot a lot of things.
(2018-01-18, 01:32 AM)Saqqara Wrote: [ -> ]BME280 ?

Open the browser to SignalK in openplotter, look around for the app store. There is a new instrument panel called Kip that I believe supports trend data. Haven't had a chance to dig deeply into this myself yet, but it looks exciting.

It would be fun to plot a lot of things.

Thanks. i found the s/w and it appears to support 'historic data' but as yet i cannot work out how to collect that historic data. It s\doesn't seem to have the ability to load that data from the environment variable, directly.

I'll keep looking, but thanks for helping me find a whole new side of OpenPlotter.
(2018-01-18, 12:31 AM)Polos Wrote: [ -> ]I have just added this BME980 sensor to my setup, running V0.17 of OpenPlotter, which allows the sensor to be read in the IC2 tab, which I couldn't do in V 0.10.

However, could anyone assist in letting me know of any add-ons that can use this useful data?

It appears older versions of OpenPlotter used to have software called Thermograph/Pressure/Hygrograph but I cannot find that in the current version.

A trend graph is useful for helping predict weather changes etc.

As a newbie, but active sailor and tinkerer, this set-up is proving very useful and a pleasure to use, but I am still at the early stages.

The next problems I foresee is trying to interpret my Seatalk ST50 instruments to talk to other, newer devices...no doubt another thread.

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy sailing......
1 - The OCPN dashboard plug-in can display a pressure evolution graph, provided it is kept running ...

2 - Seatalk ST50 you said ? Do you have a  Tri-data repeater or a ST50 multi ? If yes, lucky you are !
Those units have a built-in ST50 to NMEA converter with an NMEA output. refer to last page of their instruction manuals.
I just put the hand on the ad hoc connector, and I am about to test the connection of this output via an USB/NMEA Converter, hopefully during this week ...
More info will follow... Cool