OpenMarine

Full Version: Best way to send data to Openplotter and SignalK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am setting up an auto Pilot refurbishing an old Marinepilot 1600 but during this I decided to set up a wind speed indicator AF-1733 and possible wind direction once i know how to build it "suggestions welcome".

Now I am at an impasse, I will have to send 12 volts up the mast to run the arduino and anchor light and send/receive data via serial 2 more wires.
I was wondering about doing this wireless??? What is the best way to do this? When i  am done i will have an anchor light , wind instruments speed and direction sensors and a arduino nano. Could i control the anchor light with the nano and just send -+12V up the mast and send and receive data with it via ??. What would be the best way.
I have a add on board Pico USB on my RPI3 with an additional serial port so i have 2 but the auto Pilot will use one and i was hoping to use the second to send data to radio.?

What would be the best protocol to use I could send data back as SignalK, NMEA1083 or raw and do the final processing on the RPI. I prefer the first 2 options as the poor RPI is already ask to do a lot. I picked the Nano because it is Small low power and can handle 12 v.

David Delorme