OpenMarine

Full Version: Accessories - for upcomming versions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could it be possible to have Filezilla (pre-installed) in the accessories ?
I think this is by far the best way too transfer files to/from any other workstation...
could it be possible to keep open plotter lean and only include software that is necessary?
if you want to individualise your installation - go nuts and install everything you want.
sudo apt-get install filezilla
it's not that hard
(2018-01-25, 09:59 PM)shark24 Wrote: [ -> ]could it be possible to keep open plotter lean and only include software that is necessary?
if you want to individualise your installation - go nuts and install everything you want.
it's not that hard

No, its not hard, and that is what I did for V 0.6.0, and for V 0.8.0, and for V0.10.0, and after restoring back from V0.16.0 to V0.10.0 and will most probably do again and again ...
BTW, it seem I hit (without willing it) a highly sensible spot ! Sorry I asked the question ...

BTW-2 I thought monkey testers like me were invited to try nuts things, just to know if...
BTW-3 Maybe should I then, avoid to mention that installing solaar package allowed me to use both my keyboard and trackball (Logitech K400 & M570) from a single USB port ?
(2018-01-26, 06:28 PM)Didier B Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-25, 09:59 PM)shark24 Wrote: [ -> ]could it be possible to keep open plotter lean and only include software that is necessary?
it's not that hard

BTW, it seem I hit (without willing it) a highly sensible spot ! Sorry I asked the question ...

Darn - you got me! I do care about the project. I guess less than 1% would use filezilla - max...
Sorry I've got a contrary opinion and you take that personal.
(2018-01-26, 09:00 PM)shark24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-26, 06:28 PM)Didier B Wrote: [ -> ]
it's not that hard

Darn - you got me! I do care about the project. I guess less than 1% would use filezilla - max...
Sorry I've got a contrary opinion and you take that personal.
Another vote to keep openplotter as lean as possible. Anyway, I use filezilla on a laptop which works better for me.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
I think it's a good discussion: what other things do you install on your Openplotter instance? What are the scripts or commands to do it?

Perhaps someday there could be an "app store" or something.