OpenMarine
OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap (/showthread.php?tid=5060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - tsr - 2024-07-09

(2024-07-09, 12:02 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2024-07-09, 11:00 AM)tsr Wrote: My Signal K also doesn't update anymore. The web UI pretends everything is working (update being installed - ... - please restart) but on a restart I find myself with the same version as before. Could only track down some checksum errors on the npm downloads so far and assumed that this as a temporary glitch (caching issue for example). Hence no report here so far. 
Also: Everything still working fine in v4. It's just the updates.

Is there anything in the server log after you try to update?

Not at the boat right now. What stood out to me as potential cause from the log was the download checksum errors, I mentioned. Can see if I can dig out specifics over the next days.

I'm a bit disappointed how Signal K doesn't handle that error in any way and just pretends all went fine once the update process exits.

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - Hakan - 2024-07-09

Now after some days of trial and error I've made a step forward.
I made an Raspian Image for Rpi4 : Raspberry Pi OS (64)
After my local settings and switch to X11 I tried to install npm by the apt install but I got the same errors as before. (nodejs v 18...)
Then I followed advises to install npm... from here: https://techviewleo.com/install-node-js-on-debian-12-bookworm/
Resulted in nodejs v20...
Then I apt installed openplotter-settings 4.2.3 as of the advises from here.
I used that to install Signal K installer. He updated some npm-nodejs settings and then actually succeed use npm to install Signalk! Smile
Now in SignalK I can view the "Appstore" and install a plugin.
Conclusions:
I'm still not aware of why a Openplotter image results in errors using npm and why it works "my" way. (nodejs v20..???)

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - tsr - 2024-07-10

(2024-07-09, 12:10 PM)tsr Wrote: Not at the boat right now. What stood out to me as potential cause from the log was the download checksum errors, I mentioned. Can see if I can dig out specifics over the next days.

Did a
Code:
npm cache verify
that may have fixed something, but the output looked completely normal. Afterwards the Signal K update worked fine. So my suspicion of a temporary issue with the npm registry (broken package, synchronization, network, cache) may have been correct. 

All good.

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - Hakan - 2024-07-10

tsr:
re: "I'm a bit disappointed how Signal K doesn't handle that error in any way"
Really! On my system it say's: "Something went wrong!" - Not very useful? Smile

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - Hakan - 2024-07-13

I tested the "npm cache verify" on a another RPi400 without results. (0 found)
So instead I used the method to update to nodejs 20.. as of my link above.
I also updated curl as of the advise on the same link.
After that I could use Openplotter "Install signalk" and he was using npm wo trouble and for example the SignalK Appstore items was now nicely listed.

If it's nodejs v.20, instead of earlier v18.x or the curl update that fixed the issue I don't know.
After that operation I have:
pi@openplotter:~ $ node -v
v20.15.1
pi@openplotter:~ $ npm -v

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - Sailoog - 2024-07-15

I have just made a fresh install of OP4 in Rpi4 and RPi5 and I can not reproduce these npm issues, everything is working and updating right and it is using node v18.

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - Hakan - 2024-07-18

(2024-07-15, 02:45 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I have just made a fresh install of OP4 in Rpi4 and RPi5 and I can not reproduce these npm issues, everything is working and updating right and it is using node v18.

Yes, strange. 
So, what are the differences between our systems? The only thing I haven't tried is not to change the keyboard, I use Swedish. I have tried not to change the language and not to specify Swedish wifi.

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - marman - 2024-07-25

(2024-07-18, 12:27 PM)Hakan Wrote:
(2024-07-15, 02:45 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I have just made a fresh install of OP4 in Rpi4 and RPi5 and I can not reproduce these npm issues, everything is working and updating right and it is using node v18.

Yes, strange. 
So, what are the differences between our systems? The only thing I haven't tried is not to change the keyboard, I use Swedish. I have tried not to change the language and not to specify Swedish wifi.

I have the same problem as you Hakan. I had that from 2.7.3 to 2.8.2 also. Had to do a clean re-install. I'm guessing when one have install several plugins and stuff, something change whit NPM. Sailoog try installing Node-red, and then update.

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - AdsB - 2024-08-09

Hey folks

I've been scratching my head for a while so thought I would post here to see if anyone else has a similar issue.  I am unable to select OpenGL in OpenCPN.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Adam

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - AdsB - 2024-08-09

Hey folks

I've been scratching my head for a while trying to figure out why I cant select OpenGL but I am stuck.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I'm on OpenCPN 5.8.4 using the image from the  OpenMarine website.  I'm running it on a Pi 5 with Macarthur HAT.

Any thoughts would be most welcome. 

Thanks

Adam