OpenMarine
*newbie* /dev/root full after 24hrs - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: *newbie* /dev/root full after 24hrs (/showthread.php?tid=1216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

*newbie* /dev/root full after 24hrs - Yannick - 2018-06-06

I'm new to openplotter

After a fresh install in a raspberry pi 3, 8Gb SD, after about 24hrs of running the pi the /dev/root folder is full and if i reboot the pi won't start anymore.
Made a fresh install 3 times, same result.

I'm new to linux, and don't really know where to solve this problem.

RE: *newbie* /dev/root full after 24hrs - Sailoog - 2018-06-06

I guess your are using the img file and not the NOOBS file.

Go to preferences, old raspi-config, 7 Advanced options, A1 expand filesystem to use all the available space of your SD

RE: *newbie* /dev/root full after 24hrs - Yannick - 2018-06-06

I'm using the NOOBS installation.
Tried to expand the filesystem, but i get a error message saying partition layout is not supported by the tool, probably because of using the NOOBS installer.

If you want to take a look, i can give you access to the pi via Teamviewer on my pc

RE: *newbie* /dev/root full after 24hrs - Otoio - 2018-06-07

Are you using any connected storage device such as USB pen-drives or USB hard disks?
Are you using any downloading service such as torrent?

You have suggested to use 'Teamviewer' and I suppose that it will be under Windows... I think it can't be helpful, because some partitions cannot be read at Windows.

Regards

RE: *newbie* /dev/root full after 24hrs - Yannick - 2018-06-07

(2018-06-07, 08:53 AM)Otoio Wrote: Are you using any connected storage device such as USB pen-drives or USB hard disks?

You have suggested to use 'Teamviewer' and I suppose that it will be under Windows... I think it can't be helpful, because some partitions cannot be read at Windows.

Regards
Not using any connected storage devices. Just openplotter on a sd-card.
No downloads. Only a second wifi USB adapter to forward the internet connection.
Made a clean install last night, this morning i had the same problem.

RE: *newbie* /dev/root full after 24hrs - LaMare - 2018-06-07

(2018-06-07, 09:41 AM)Yannick Wrote:
(2018-06-07, 08:53 AM)Otoio Wrote: Are you using any connected storage device such as USB pen-drives or USB hard disks?

Regards

Not using any connected storage devices. Just openplotter on a sd-card.
No downloads. Only a second wifi USB adapter to forward the internet connection.
Made a clean install last nicht, this morning i had the same problem.

Hi, have you tried an SD of 16 GB?

RE: *newbie* /dev/root full after 24hrs - Yannick - 2018-06-07

Not yet. I will order one today to try.

RE: *newbie* /dev/root full after 24hrs - longjohn119 - 2018-06-07

Regards

Anyone needing to read Linux partitions on a SD card from Windows I highly recommend this free program from Disk Internals .... It's also nice for dual boot desktops 

Linux Reader 2.7 

RE: *newbie* /dev/root full after 24hrs - Otoio - 2018-06-07

(2018-06-06, 06:27 PM)Yannick Wrote: I'm new to openplotter

After a fresh install in a raspberry pi 3, 8Gb SD, after about 24hrs of running the pi the /dev/root folder is full and if i reboot the pi won't start anymore.
Made a fresh install 3 times, same result.

I'm new to linux, and don't really know where to solve this problem.

(2018-06-07, 10:10 AM)LaMare Wrote: Hi, have you tried an SD of 16 GB?

A good record to use a SD of 16 GB, but something must be wrong in that installation.
I'm looking at mine and I have only 4.3 GB used (it's a fresh installation too).

Code:
pi@openplotter:~ $ df -h
S.ficheros     Tamaño Usados  Disp Uso% Montado en
/dev/root         14G   4,3G  8,4G  34% /
devtmpfs         460M      0  460M   0% /dev
tmpfs            464M      0  464M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs            464M   6,3M  458M   2% /run
tmpfs            5,0M   4,0K  5,0M   1% /run/lock
tmpfs            464M      0  464M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p6    68M    22M   47M  32% /boot
tmpfs             93M      0   93M   0% /run/user/1000
/dev/mmcblk0p5    30M   397K   28M   2% /media/pi/SETTINGS

I'd try to download again the NOOBS file and try again a new fresh installation. And, by the way, trying another new SD card would be worth too, because perhaps it could be a SD's problem too.

If the problem continues, this forum could be helpful: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71520

Good night Sleepy

RE: *newbie* /dev/root full after 24hrs - baltika_no_9 - 2018-06-08

You could perhaps run a command from time to time to see which folders are growing in size over time. Try this:

sudo du -chd 1 | sort -h

Make sure you run in from the root directory as it only operates on the current directory. It will list the directories in order of size, smallest to largest.

Chris