OpenMarine
Server Hardware for openplotter? - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Server Hardware for openplotter? (/showthread.php?tid=1807)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Server Hardware for openplotter? - niklun - 2020-05-23

(2020-05-19, 03:07 PM)glowntiger Wrote: Hi Nicola,
The setup for the can(nmea2000) must be done in the can app of openplotter. There you must setup the mcp2515. Here is a video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w4nGNWhy_9c
It's in german but beginning at 2:45 you see how to configure the can. There you also see the incoming data with candump.
At the first entry in this thread you find the most instructions.... ;-)
If you need further help, let me know....

Thomas, thank you. I need help.
I did what you recommended, the setting you told me but I still encountered problems and I don't see the data. Just for a moment I only had data on candump but no data on both the Raymarine i60 and opencpn and / or on signal K (without having changed the connections). I summarize the hardware configuration: Raymarine i60 (seatalk NG) to the can bus of the MCS (I only connected the can-L and can-H since the i60 is self-powered).
Then when the setting was made, having also the Moitesier HAT2 mounted, the longitudinal and transversal roll data (pypilot) disappeared, as if it were in contrast with the MCS bus can.
I don't understand anything anymore. I'm not very experienced, but I wish I could make everything work.
Nicola L.

RE: Server Hardware for openplotter? - Max1947 - 2020-05-23

(2020-05-23, 04:16 PM)niklun Wrote:
The setup for the can(nmea2000) must be done in the can app of openplotter. There you must setup the mcp2515. Here is a video:
It's in german but beginning at 2:45 you see how to configure the can. There you also see the incoming data with candump.

I did what you recommended, the setting you told me but I still encountered problems and I don't see the data. Just for a moment I only had data on candump but no data on both the Raymarine i60 and opencpn and / or on signal K (without having changed the connections). I summarize the hardware configuration: Raymarine i60 (seatalk NG) to the can bus of the MCS (I only connected the can-L and can-H since the i60 is self-powered).
Then when the setting was made, having also the Moitesier HAT2 mounted, the longitudinal and transversal roll data (pypilot) disappeared, as if it were in contrast with the MCS bus can.
I don't understand anything anymore. I'm not very experienced, but I wish I could make everything work.
Nicola L.

Hi, see attachment.

RE: Server Hardware for openplotter? - niklun - 2020-05-23

(2020-05-23, 05:47 PM)Max1947 Wrote:

Nicola L.

Hi, see attachment.
Grazie Max. Ho seguito proprio questo per effettuare i collegamenti tra i60 Reymarine e porta CAN dell'MCS

Thanks Max. I followed this to make the connections between the i60 Reymarine and the MCS CAN port

RE: Server Hardware for openplotter? - Max1947 - 2020-05-23

(2020-05-23, 05:56 PM)niklun Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 05:47 PM)Max1947 Wrote:

Nicola L.

Hi, see attachment.
Grazie Max. Ho seguito proprio questo per effettuare i collegamenti tra i60 Reymarine e porta CAN dell'MCS

Thanks Max. I followed this to make the connections between the i60 Reymarine and the MCS CAN port
Hi, I only have Setalk1 and NMEA2000 tools. I have not yet managed to put everything on the boat, but at least NMEA 2000 works well at home, for the Seatalk1 I wait for the eventual card from Thomas (as soon as he manages to produce it). Check the connections well and you should also succeed if you put the Raymarine cable: "SeaTalkng / DeviceNet adapter cable"  Cool 

(Ciao, io ho solo strumenti Setalk1 e NMEA2000. Non sono ancora riuscito a mettere il tutto sulla barca, ma a casa funziona bene  almeno NMEA 2000, per il Seatalk1 aspetto l'eventuale scheda da Thomas (appena riesce a produrla). Controlla bene i collegamenti e dovresti riuscire anche senza mettere il cavetto Raymarine: "Cavo adattatore SeaTalkng/DeviceNet")

RE: Server Hardware for openplotter? - niklun - 2020-05-24

Do I have to work and create software connections on Signal K to make it receive data and transmit it? I mean, once the terminals are connected to the board, after setting the Can Bus, do I have nothing else to do?

Devo lavorare e creare delle connessioni software su Signal K per fargli ricevere dati e trasmetterli ? Voglio dire, una volta collegati i terminali alla scheda, settato il Can Bus non ho altro da fare ?

RE: Server Hardware for openplotter? - Max1947 - 2020-05-24

(2020-05-24, 11:14 AM)niklun Wrote: Do I have to work and create software connections on Signal K to make it receive data and transmit it?  I mean, once the terminals are connected to the board, after setting the Can Bus, do I have nothing else to do?

Devo lavorare e creare delle connessioni software su Signal K per fargli ricevere dati e trasmetterli ? Voglio dire, una volta collegati i terminali alla scheda, settato il Can Bus non ho altro da fare ?

Yes, you have to go to Plugin config and set up what you need. I had to study a lot too and I still have a lot to learn in SignalK. Good job and good wind, always! Big Grin

(Si, devi andare in Plugin config e impostare cio' che ti serve. Ho dovuto studiare parecchio anch'io ed ho ancora parecchio da inparare in SignalK. Buon lavoro e buon vento, sempre!)

RE: Server Hardware for openplotter? - niklun - 2020-05-25

Niente, non funziona. Non ricevo ne trasmetto dati. In Candump non trovo niente. Ho collegato il filo blu e filo bianco proveniente dal Raymarine i60 agli ingressi can h e can l. Nessun conflitto. nessun dato. ne in OpenCPN ne in Signal K. E l'I60 dovrebbe visualizzare almeno la true wind ma non succede.....non gli arriva nessun dato.
Mi occorre una spegazione dettagliata per rpincipianti su come connettere lo strumento seatalk NG al MCS e come far andare i dati da MCS a signal K e a Opencpn.
Chiedo aiuto a Glowntiger. Ho un PCB che non mi serve a niente, per ora.

Nothing, it doesn't work. I do not receive or transmit data. In Candump I find nothing. I connected the blue and white wire coming from the Raymarine i60 to the can h and can l inputs. No conflict. no data. neither in OpenCPN nor in Signal K. And the I60 should at least display the true wind but it doesn't happen ..... no data arrives.
I need a detailed explanation for beginners on how to connect the seatalk NG instrument to the MCS and how to make the data go from MCS to signal K and Opencpn.
I ask Glowntiger for help. I have a PCB that I don't need for now.

RE: Server Hardware for openplotter? - glowntiger - 2020-05-27

(2020-05-25, 11:08 PM)niklun Wrote: Niente, non funziona. Non ricevo ne trasmetto dati. In Candump non trovo niente. Ho collegato il filo blu e filo bianco proveniente dal Raymarine i60 agli ingressi can h e can l. Nessun conflitto. nessun dato. ne in OpenCPN ne in Signal K. E l'I60 dovrebbe visualizzare almeno la true wind ma non succede.....non gli arriva nessun dato.
Mi occorre una spegazione dettagliata per rpincipianti su come connettere lo strumento seatalk NG al MCS e come far andare i dati da MCS a signal K e a Opencpn.
Chiedo aiuto a Glowntiger. Ho un PCB che non mi serve a niente, per ora.

Nothing, it doesn't work. I do not receive or transmit data. In Candump I find nothing. I connected the blue and white wire coming from the Raymarine i60 to the can h and can l inputs. No conflict. no data. neither in OpenCPN nor in Signal K. And the I60 should at least display the true wind but it doesn't happen ..... no data arrives.
I need a detailed explanation for beginners on how to connect the seatalk NG instrument to the MCS and how to make the data go from MCS to signal K and Opencpn.
I ask Glowntiger for help. I have a PCB that I don't need for now.

Hi Niklun,
Sorry for the late repley.
you need to connect CanH, CanL and gnd as minimum. Have you the connection and displays at home for now? How is your jumper for the termination set? Can you make a drawing of your wiring? Spur, Backbone and Termination? How the devices are connected?
You have install the MCP2515 in the Openplotter CAN App?
Can you give me your config.txt: type: "nano /boot/config.txt" (without the " ;-)) and make a copie in a dokument to append...

RE: Server Hardware for openplotter? - niklun - 2020-05-28

Thanks for the reply, and I apologize for the anxiety I have. I have checked everything you asked for and it's ok. But I solved the problem of receiving data from the i60 in a very simple way. Just turn on the i60 after turning on the MCS / openplotter system. Now I get data from the i60. Now I don't know how to configure Signal K to transmit data (like boat speed etc.) to the Raymarine i60. Can you help me, even with pictures? Thanks.

RE: Server Hardware for openplotter? - glowntiger - 2020-05-28

That is normal, the i60 is connected via nmea2000 right? The instrument must know that there is a listener, else it did not send. For sending data to the i60 you do not any further wire, only send the data via nmea2000 from signalk to the display via the same nmea2000 bus??!