OpenMarine
[SOLVED] Pypilot on RP4 with Moitessier - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Pypilot on RP4 with Moitessier (/showthread.php?tid=2556)

[SOLVED] Pypilot on RP4 with Moitessier - Max1947 - 2020-05-10

Hi everyone. A small problem with Pypilot on RP4 with Moitessier. I have to start RP twice to get Pypilot to hook and see in SignalK it transmits. When first switched on, nothing. I restart and Pypilot engages and signals in SignalK. Does this happen to you too?  Huh

RE: Pypilot on RP4 with Moitessier - jsextl - 2020-05-27

(2020-05-10, 11:43 AM)Max1947 Wrote: Hi everyone. A small problem with Pypilot on RP4 with Moitessier. I have to start RP twice to get Pypilot to hook and see in SignalK it transmits. When first switched on, nothing. I restart and Pypilot engages and signals in SignalK. Does this happen to you too?  Huh

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem with the latest packages - I think it has to do with some I2C problems, because the effect is that GPS/AIS on the HAT2 still works, but everything using the I2C bus stops working (pressure, temperature, PyPilot roll/pitch/mag. heading).

If I dig further into it I see the following problems on the Pi4:

[...]
[  850.578567] i2c-bcm2835 fe804000.i2c: i2c transfer timed out
[  851.618668] i2c-bcm2835 fe804000.i2c: i2c transfer timed out
[  852.658870] i2c-bcm2835 fe804000.i2c: i2c transfer timed out
[  853.698860] i2c-bcm2835 fe804000.i2c: i2c transfer timed out
[...]

and

i2cdetect -y 1

just hangs or outputs the result very very slowly.

Once finished the address 68 is missing from the output.

Hardware: Raspi Pi 4, HAT2, directly connected without any adapters/cables.

Software versions:
ii  openplotter-can                      2.1.1-stable                        all          OpenPlotter app to manage CAN BUS adapters
ii  openplotter-dashboards               2.2.0-stable                        all          OpenPltter app to manage dashboards
ii  openplotter-doc                      2.0.7-dev                           all          OpenPlotter project documentation
ii  openplotter-i2c                      2.1.1-stable                        all          OpenPlotter app to manage I2C sensors in Raspberry Pi
ii  openplotter-mcs                      2.1.6-stable                        all          This is a App for Openplotter 2.0 and higher to use with a GeDaD MarineControlServer Hardware
ii  openplotter-moitessier               2.1.2-stable                        all          OpenPlotter app to manage the Moitessier HAT
ii  openplotter-network                  2.1.4-stable                        all          OpenPlotter app to manage network connections in Raspberry Pi
ii  openplotter-opencpn-installer        2.1.0-stable                        all          OpenPlotter app to manage OpenCPN installation
ii  openplotter-pypilot                  2.0.8-beta                          all          OpenPlotter app to integrate Pypilot in Raspberry Pi
ii  openplotter-serial                   2.1.0-stable                        all          OpenPlotter app to manage serial devices
ii  openplotter-settings                 2.3.0-stable                        all          Main OpenPlotter app
ii  openplotter-signalk-installer        2.1.0-stable                        all          OpenPlotter app to manage Signal K node server installation

Strange thing is that after power-on it works for 1-2 minutes - then it stops. Soft reboot seems to help as it is running stable for about an hour now.

Best regards,
Jonas

RE: Pypilot on RP4 with Moitessier - jsextl - 2020-05-28

(2020-05-27, 07:52 PM)jsextl Wrote:
(2020-05-10, 11:43 AM)Max1947 Wrote: Hi everyone. A small problem with Pypilot on RP4 with Moitessier. I have to start RP twice to get Pypilot to hook and see in SignalK it transmits. When first switched on, nothing. I restart and Pypilot engages and signals in SignalK. Does this happen to you too?  Huh

This is how it looks like once the HAT2 I2C stops working:
root@openplotter:~# i2cdetect -y 1
     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- UU -- -- -- -- -- -- --
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- UU UU -- -- UU -- -- --
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 77

GPS/AIS is still working without problems in that moment.

RE: Pypilot on RP4 with Moitessier - Sailoog - 2020-07-15

This should be fixed on next update of openplotter-i2c app. thanks.

RE: Pypilot on RP4 with Moitessier - Sailoog - 2020-08-13

This should be fixed in openplotter-i2c 2.1.2, please update (the package is currently being built on the server and should take half an hour)
Marking this problem as solved, reopen if necessary.

RE: [SOLVED] Pypilot on RP4 with Moitessier - jsextl - 2020-08-14

Hi Sailoog,
thank you very much for the update - I installed yesterday and since then it is running stable - will monitor during the next days and give another update.
Best regards,
Jonas