OpenMarine
Set TX PGN with CanBus app not working for 'high numbers' - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Set TX PGN with CanBus app not working for 'high numbers' (/showthread.php?tid=3977)

Set TX PGN with CanBus app not working for 'high numbers' - rovinggecko - 2022-04-03

I would like to set a PGN in the ' manufacturers range' on my actisense NGT-1, above 130816, but am not able to.

At the start I could not get the PGNs to pop up at all, until I figured out that I had more than 30 enabled. After resetting the device, it nicely showed the list of PGNs and I am able to set ' lower values'.

I can check the box, but it simply ' doesn't stick', after the pop up to set it, it returns and empties out the checkbox.

Tried starting openplotter-can from command prompt, but only see the signalk start/stop messages, nothing else that could help troubleshooting.

Any suggestions?

RE: Set TX PGN with CanBus app not working for 'high numbers' - e-sailing - 2022-04-04

(2022-04-03, 07:21 AM)rovinggecko Wrote: I would like to set a PGN in the ' manufacturers range' on my actisense NGT-1, above 130816, but am not able to.

At the start I could not get the PGNs to pop up at all, until I figured out that I had more than 30 enabled. After resetting the device, it nicely showed the list of PGNs and I am able to set ' lower values'.

I can check the box, but it simply ' doesn't stick', after the pop up to set it, it returns and empties out the checkbox.

Tried starting openplotter-can from command prompt, but only see the signalk start/stop messages, nothing else that could help troubleshooting.

Any suggestions?

Actisense made changes in the past.

Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Changes from v2.660 to v2.670                                            --
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* NGT-1:
   - Manufacturer Proprietary PGNs (130816/0x1FF00 - 131071/0x1FFFF):
     Fixed bug that resulted in these fast-packet PGNs incorrectly being
     transferred (to PC) as single-packet PGNs.
   - Manufacturer Proprietary PGNs (65280/0xFF00 - 65535/0x0FFFF) and
     (130816/0x1FF00 - 131071/0x1FFFF): Fixed bug that would allow any PGN in
     the 256-PGN block to be transmitted if at least one PGN was enabled.
   - Improved accuracy of the reported "NMEA 2000 Tx Load" value in the System
     Status BST-BEM.

First try to update your firmware. Than use the latest actisense v2.103 NMEA reader to setup your NGT-1

RE: Set TX PGN with CanBus app not working for 'high numbers' - rovinggecko - 2022-04-04

Already running the latest firmware.
The actisense app does not list these pgn’s to select for TX.

RE: Set TX PGN with CanBus app not working for 'high numbers' - e-sailing - 2022-04-05

(2022-04-04, 01:51 PM)e-sailing Wrote:
Code:
   - Manufacturer Proprietary PGNs (65280/0xFF00 - 65535/0x0FFFF) and
     (130816/0x1FF00 - 131071/0x1FFFF): Fixed bug that would allow any PGN in
     the 256-PGN block to be transmitted if at least one PGN was enabled

I understand that you only have to select one PGN of "the 256-PGN block" to get the write permission to the listed 130816-131071.
Have you tried sending these PGNs?
Why do you think it is an openplotter bug?