OpenMarine
No Directory -- /home/root/.openplotter - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: How do I...? (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: No Directory -- /home/root/.openplotter (/showthread.php?tid=4301)

No Directory -- /home/root/.openplotter - HackSwiTcH - 2022-10-25

Hi all, I'm getting an error after updating to the most recent version of openplotter. Trying to install Granfana and Node Red.  I had node red working but now it's showing not installed.
Full Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Jammy release.

Thanks for all the help in advance, this is such a great project and leaps and bounds ahead!! I'll be back on asking how to enable the IoT plugin for testing as I set up IoT sensors for businesses all day.  This is a bit different though.  Again Thanks all for at least the look Smile
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

creating configuration directory /home/root/.openplotter
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterDashboards/installGrafana.py", line 46, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterDashboards/installGrafana.py", line 24, in main
    conf2 = conf.Conf()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterSettings/conf.py", line 38, in __init__
    os.mkdir(self.conf_folder)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/root/.openplotter'
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RE: No Directory -- /home/root/.openplotter - baltika_no_9 - 2022-10-27

(2022-10-25, 08:55 PM)HackSwiTcH Wrote: Hi all, I'm getting an error after updating to the most recent version of openplotter. Trying to install Granfana and Node Red.  I had node red working but now it's showing not installed.
Full Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Jammy release.

Thanks for all the help in advance, this is such a great project and leaps and bounds ahead!! I'll be back on asking how to enable the IoT plugin for testing as I set up IoT sensors for businesses all day.  This is a bit different though.  Again Thanks all for at least the look Smile
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

creating configuration directory /home/root/.openplotter
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterDashboards/installGrafana.py", line 46, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterDashboards/installGrafana.py", line 24, in main
    conf2 = conf.Conf()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterSettings/conf.py", line 38, in __init__
    os.mkdir(self.conf_folder)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/root/.openplotter'
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It seems odd to me that it is trying to install to /home/root/.openplotter

That suggests you are trying to install as the ROOT user and not a normal user, the normal folder would be /home/user_name/.openplotter.

Did you start openplotter-settings as ROOT?

I assume you mean release 22.04 too?