OpenMarine
Moitessier HAT developers abandon users - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Moitessier HAT developers abandon users (/showthread.php?tid=4392)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Moitessier HAT developers abandon users - aitonos - 2023-10-15

Yes, but it's a shame to pay that amount of money and be left unattended. I hope I can make it work... 
If not, I will be forced to sell the Hat for somebody who want to be in OP2 and do a regular active usb gnss and sdr ais instalation. No other solution.
Thanks!

RE: Moitessier HAT developers abandon users - aitonos - 2023-10-16

(2023-10-15, 07:19 PM)aitonos Wrote: Yes, but it's a shame to pay that amount of money and be left unattended. I hope I can make it work... 
If not, I will be forced to sell the Hat for somebody who want to be in OP2 and do a regular active usb gnss and sdr ais instalation. No other solution.
Thanks!

Good news! After 3 days on,  the Hat finally caught satellites and AIS with much better coverage than before in OP2. Suddenly, started working; bizarre, hopefuly it remains that way!

Anyway, I already bought a USB GPS/GALILEO/GNSS, and a good quality  SDR Antenna. Undecided

RE: Moitessier HAT developers abandon users - xsashox - 2023-10-16

Well im glad for you. Mine has been up for 30 days without any activity (even the signalk paths are not there) so i dont think its coming back any time soonSmile

RE: Moitessier HAT developers abandon users - Nikolay - 2024-01-31

This has turned out to be a big mistake.

RE: Moitessier HAT developers abandon users - aitonos - 2024-02-01

Hi!

I reinstalled again and finally used OP3. Ais and gps started working again after a couple of days. However, they stopped working suddenly and after several restarts, and several days, they went back to life one more time.

Might this be caused by a lack of power supply?

I have a step-down bucket for 3A, maybe is tight with all the usb ports used (sub3. 1 as Ssd, usb 422, hub with several things)

I've bought a new step-down bucket with 10 A, let's see if improves, I couldn't install it yet.

Thanks!

RE: Moitessier HAT developers abandon users - aitonos - 2024-03-23

(2024-02-01, 08:36 AM)aitonos Wrote: Hi!

I reinstalled again and finally used OP3. Ais and gps started working again after a couple of days. However, they stopped working suddenly and after several restarts, and several days, they went back to life one more time.

Might this be caused by a lack of power supply?

I have a step-down bucket for 3A, maybe is tight with all the usb ports used (sub3. 1 as Ssd, usb 422, hub with several things)

I've bought a new step-down bucket with 10 A, let's see if improves, I couldn't install it yet.

Thanks!

Just an update in order to be fair and not to mislead. 

It finally worked, and since then, flawlessly!