OpenMarine
Semi-automatic digital logbook for Signal K - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Semi-automatic digital logbook for Signal K (/showthread.php?tid=4509)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Semi-automatic digital logbook for Signal K - Boatingbaileys - 2023-04-14

I am also using this and find it really good. I will have to check/ change the runTime as I don't think that's set correctly for me. I haven't read the manual but is there an option to do automatic log entry say every 1 hours?

RE: Semi-automatic digital logbook for Signal K - bergie - 2023-04-14

(2023-04-14, 03:54 PM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: I am also using this and find it really good. I will have to check/ change the runTime as I don't think that's set correctly for me. I haven't read the manual but is there an option to do automatic log entry say every 1 hours?

Yes, there is an automatic navigation log every hour when you’re under way (as determined by navigation.state, typically set by the signalk-autostate plugin). It will contain all the automated data points, and you can easily edit to add remarks or manual weather observations.

RE: Semi-automatic digital logbook for Signal K - Caribsailor - 2023-04-15

(2023-04-13, 07:57 PM)bergie Wrote: Logbook uses navigation.log, not trip log. See https://github.com/meri-imperiumi/signalk-logbook/issues/32

The engine hours path will need to be propulsion.*.runTime (where * is your engine name. For example, “main”). You can use the signal k path mapper plugin to make those match.

Thanks Bergie! Engine hours now populating. Working on Log

Most helpful.

RE: Semi-automatic digital logbook for Signal K - bergie - 2023-05-03

In the latest signalk-triplogger version you can enable populating navigation.log from GPS if you don’t have a source for it elsewhere in the system.

RE: Semi-automatic digital logbook for Signal K - morr - 2023-05-17

Need a little help. Can't get signalk-logbook to start. I get the following error under "Connection & Plugin Status"

Failed to start: Cannot find module 'fs/promises'

Thanks
Mike

RE: Semi-automatic digital logbook for Signal K - bergie - 2023-06-09

(2023-05-17, 07:57 PM)morr Wrote: Need a little help. Can't get signalk-logbook to start. I get the following error under "Connection & Plugin Status"

Failed to start: Cannot find module 'fs/promises'

Thanks
Mike

you’ll need to upgrade your Node.js version.

RE: Semi-automatic digital logbook for Signal K - Lazzz - 2023-07-28

For some reason my map will not show anything in Logbook - any ideas??

Also, I went for a sail today & the logbook did not work this time - maybe since I updated to SK 2.1.0

I just updated the autostate app, since, so this may have fixed it.

Pi4 64; SK 2.1.0; Logbook version 0.7.0; Autostate version 0.3.1 (since going for a sail when it didn't work))

RE: Semi-automatic digital logbook for Signal K - Lazzz - 2023-08-04

I went for an overnighter & logbook worked perfectly (except for the map) the first day but the next day on the return trip I got nothing!!

I noticed that the navigation.log, navigation.trip.log or navigation.state did not update/ change on the second day so I'm guessing this is why the logbook did not work.

Does SK need to be re-started after a trip?? I see that navigation.trip.lastReset is still on the first day.

TIA

RE: Semi-automatic digital logbook for Signal K - ojessie - 2023-08-05

Thanks for this logbook. Just installed it on my raspberry venos os. Looks great ... besides that the map isn't showing ... which is already mentioned.

Update: After a log the map is shown. Thanks

RE: Semi-automatic digital logbook for Signal K - Vivacity - 2023-08-11

I’m also very pleased with this log, great addition thanks. For those of us who like to print off and keep a hard copy would it be possible to add today only to the drop down view days list? Then at the end of a day voyage it could be printed of without anything from the previous day. A print button would be fantastic as well.