OpenMarine
NmeaOut from OpenCPN & SignalK - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: How do I...? (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: NmeaOut from OpenCPN & SignalK (/showthread.php?tid=5363)

NmeaOut from OpenCPN & SignalK - Pantera - 2024-04-29

Im trying to send the following information in nmea 183 format:

- GPS position from Signal K to VHF
- AutoPilot information from OpenCPN to Raymarine ST2000+ 

I have used the following setup:

Signal K  Conection Type NMEA0183, ID nmeaout, Source Serial, Port  /dev/ttyOP_nmeaout,  Baudrate 4800, Using NMEA0183 to NMEA0183* emiting GGA - Global Positioning System Fix Data

OpenCPN Conection: Type Serial, Direction IN/OUT, Protocol NMEA0183, Port /dev/ttyOP_nmeaout, Baudrate 4800, Transmiting RMB,APB,XTE

When checking for conflicts I get:

Checking serial connections conflicts...
↳There are conflicts between the following serial connections:
    OpenCPN -> connection ID: 3 | device: /dev/ttyOP_nmeaout
    Signal K -> connection ID: nmeaout | device: /dev/ttyOP_nmeaout

What's wrong with my setup? Should I only transmit from either OpenCPN or Signalk? Not sure if APB is available in Signal K

Can anyone give me some guidance?

RE: NmeaOut from OpenCPN & SignalK - sebba - 2024-04-30

I don't have/use OpenCPN but it seems you are using one single serial adapter for both VHF and AP connections. Maybe this is the reason, try to disable SK-VHF connection and check only with the AP.
Anyway, is just a hint, I'm not very sure about this, sorry and good luck!

RE: NmeaOut from OpenCPN & SignalK - Techstyle - 2024-04-30

(2024-04-29, 11:17 PM)Pantera Wrote: Im trying to send the following information in nmea 183 format:

Signal K  Conection Type NMEA0183, ID nmeaout, Source Serial, Port  /dev/ttyOP_nmeaout,  Baudrate 4800, Using NMEA0183 to NMEA0183* emiting GGA - Global Positioning System Fix Data

OpenCPN Conection: Type Serial, Direction IN/OUT, Protocol NMEA0183, Port /dev/ttyOP_nmeaout, Baudrate 4800, Transmiting RMB,APB,XTE

What's wrong with my setup? Should I only transmit from either OpenCPN or Signalk? Not sure if APB is available in Signal K

Don't do the serial connection from OCPN, let SignalK handle that.  The output from OCPN should be setup as a network connection filtered to only send out RMB, APB, XTE.  Then SignalK will forward that data via serial.  Like this:

RE: NmeaOut from OpenCPN & SignalK - Pantera - 2024-04-30

(2024-04-30, 04:48 PM)Techstyle Wrote:
(2024-04-29, 11:17 PM)Pantera Wrote: Im trying to send the following information in nmea 183 format:

Don't do the serial connection from OCPN, let SignalK handle that.  The output from OCPN should be setup as a network connection filtered to only send out RMB, APB, XTE.  Then SignalK will forward that data via serial.  Like this:

Thanks for the advice! Implemented successfully  Big Grin . Great youtube channel by the way, I regularly watch your videos!

(2024-04-30, 06:15 AM)sebba Wrote: I don't have/use OpenCPN but it seems you are using one single serial adapter for both VHF and AP connections. Maybe this is the reason, try to disable SK-VHF connection and check only with the AP.
Anyway, is just a hint, I'm not very sure about this, sorry and good luck!

Thanks Sebba, you were right, only one output is allowed. Problem solved!