This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not receiving CAN data
It seems that none of my CAN network data is arriving at the RPI4

Here is the setup:

I have NMEA 0183 GPS and AIS going in to the HAT. This is then being exported by SK to NMEA 2000 plugin and that seems to be working.

I have Raymarine ACU 400 and EV1 autopilot. These are connected to the SeatalkNG cables. I also have an ITC-5 that converts the depth, wind and STW to Seatalkng, and that seems to be working as it shows up on my p70s display. 

I then have a seatalkng spur going into the HAT as per the instructions - white to CAN H and blue to CAN L, as per the instructions in the autopilot manual.

I have followed the instructions for configuring the CAN connections as per the HAT help files. SK shows binary data passing through (where do I go to see the actual sentences passing through?) . The HAT LED's show CAN being received and transmitted.

In OpenCPN I have set up a signalK connection. But the only data I am getting in that is the GPS and AIS that I have connected by following the NMEA0183 instructions in the manual (by means of the UART3 and 5 connections). That data, as I said, is successfully going to the p70s display.

BUT I am not receiving any of the transducer data via the ITC-5 - ie wind, depth, STW - all of which ARE showing up in the p70s, so that must mean the data is there in the CAN network. Just not getting to my PI.

What have I done wrong here?

Thanks in advance
Noel
SOLVED. Had to go into SK -> Server where I change the connection from canboatjs to canboat (or something like that) and now it all works. Data on my OpenCPN and on my p70s. So happy camper here.