This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal K TRUE/FALSE visualization and data model
Hi folks!

This weekend I used a Raspberry Pico to grab some UART related protocol from a Votronic solar controller. I got some reading like charging current etc but also some status information, e.g. if the controller is in idle mode.

I send via UDP the information to my Signal K server on a Raspberry PI.

Long story short: The status information can't be sent as true and false, at least I didn't find it. So I added a path in Signal K and I added several items which get a ONE or ZERO, like the standby YES or NO.
But with the onboard dashboard app this can't be visualized. Of course, I could create a path for each value, so I could show at least ones and zeros, but I would rather like to show some LEDs on a dashboard, green and red or on and off.

Is this possible in Signal K? And if so, is there any documentation...

PS: One of the biggest hurdles of Signal K is the few information which is existing in the Internet. Just a few examples, I even couldn't find a full specification of possible meta data. The UDP is fairly easy but you try a lot if you can't find one example all the way trough.

Best regards, Malte
Hi, SK should be able to handle the different modes of your charger, i know from the Victron kit i can see things like Off and Bulk. I can't then send that to the database i have to convert it and then convert it back again but in terms of a normal path, i don't see why you couldn't show that. Kip is also able to display Text. I've not tried the led idea, but i also like the sound of that.
I got all the data so Signal K and I see values like charging current and battery voltage, runs smoothly.
But I also would like to set some "leds" to green or red to visualize if a special mode is active or off. I couldn't solve this so far with the Signal K default dashboard...