This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] Maiana 4.1.0-stable com setup Signal K
Hi!
Using Pi 5, Openplotter 4, Maiana to Macarthur hat.
When installing thru Maiana module only a UDP connection is created on Signal K server.
No GPS or AIS reception works, check system reports:
Reinstall Maiana, do not help.

To get it work I manually added serialport ttyAMA0 in Openplotter and in Signal K
Now everything works

/ Bo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
……….><((((°>

http://www.bokomedia.se

Attached Files Image(s)

It looks like you did manually what openplotter should do automatically if you follow the manual:

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/4.x.x...uring.html
Thanks Bo! I am also using Pi 5, Openplotter 4, Maiana to Macarthur hat. I did follow the OP documentation but when went to add the serial device the only device listed was ttyAMA10 so I set that up and added the SignalK connection. But Maiana was not working. The "Checking OpenPlotter" script showed all fine (i.e. green for Checking MAIANA transponder). I restarted SignalK several times, removed and added the Maiana serial device, but no Joy. It showed up in SignalK but there was no data coming in. It was driving me crazy.

At some point, the OP Serial app started to show an other device "ttyAMA0" and after searching the forum I came across your post so I also added ttyAM0 via the Serial app and now it works!

In hind sight my problem was "user error". I likely did not refresh initially when using the Serial app and so I only had ttyAMA10 and ran with it. I had it all working under OP4 beta, so I guess I rush by the instructions.
(2024-07-02, 04:53 PM)dreuge Wrote: Thanks Bo!  I am also using Pi 5, Openplotter 4, Maiana to Macarthur hat.  I did follow the OP documentation but when went to add the serial device the only device listed was ttyAMA10 so I set that up and added the SignalK connection.  But Maiana was not working. The "Checking OpenPlotter" script showed all fine (i.e. green for Checking MAIANA transponder).  I restarted SignalK several times, removed and added the Maiana serial device, but no Joy.  It showed up in SignalK but there was no data coming in.  It was driving me crazy.

At some point, the OP Serial app started to show an other device "ttyAMA0"  and after searching the forum I came across your post so I also added ttyAM0 via the Serial app and now it works! 

In hind sight my problem was "user error".  I likely did not refresh initially when using the Serial app and so I only had ttyAMA10 and ran with it.  I had it all working under OP4 beta, so I guess I rush by the instructions.

I'm having this exact same problem but I still can't get the ttyAMA0 to appear. If I turn on serial kernel messages in raspi-config, it appears but doesn't work. When I enable UART1, it appears but it doesn't work. I'm connected via USB. This all worked fine on a RPI4 and OP3 but no dice on RPI5 and OP4. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
If you are connected by USB you do not have to use UART and ttyAMAx, you need to use ttyUSBx or ttyACMx devices